Computer Build.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, i'm intrested in building my own computer which is going to keep me playing Football Manager for the next few years. What are the main items i need? oh and i'm on a tight budget and what is the best site to order from?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, i'm intrested in building my own computer which is going to keep me playing Football Manager for the next few years. What are the main items i need? oh and i'm on a tight budget and what is the best site to order from?

I think it depends a lot on how many leagues you think you can live with, and the amount of time you can wait between each day progress :)

I play FM12 on a PC made 3 years ago, and I still have no problems running the game. I am currently running 52 leagues.

You say tight budget, but what exactly is your budget and what do you need with the PC, do you need a monitor etc?

You say tight budget, but what exactly is your budget and what do you need with the PC, do you need a monitor etc?

I have the monitor and the dvd drive. i want the PC for FM mainly. As for the amount of leagues, i would say around 30.

nine_iron what graphics card do you have and how much would you likee for it?

Sorry i'm disabled so i'm on a low budget, so i would have to buy the parts over a few months.

I have the monitor and the dvd drive. i want the PC for FM mainly. As for the amount of leagues, i would say around 30.

Sorry i'm disabled so i'm on a low budget, so i would have to buy the parts over a few months.

If you are going to buy the components and build the system yourself then I would say, from experience, that ebuyer.com are pretty much the cheapest place you will find.

Its a Powercolour HD4870 1GB DDR5, used but in good condition as I look after my PC, the fan bearings sound a little worn but I doubt FM will spin it up high enough to notice. New its about 130 ish, when you know more about your prospective rig PM me about it.

BTW this, other websites and Youtube videos might help http://www.build-a-computer-guide.com/

My top tip is to ensure you put in the spacers to move the motherboard away from the metal plate, not doing this will result in a nice smoky cloud exiting the PC case when you turn it on :)

I have a few other components, an old soundcard from my old PC that gave it 5.1 surround sound, if your motherboard has not got it and you want it you can have that too.

Thanks mate, would it be possible if you could pm with a price then i can see what my budget will be. Oh one more thing what would be the best motherboard to buy

Long-term (providing you intend to use an Intel processor), definately try to go for a Z68 chipset model board. Something like: http://www.ebuyer.com/284388-gigabyte-ga-z68p-ds3-z68-socket-1155-8-channel-audio-atx-motherboard-ga-z68p-ds3 is a brilliant board for the money, or: http://www.ebuyer.com/276562-gigabyte-ga-z68ap-d3-z68-socket-1155-8-channel-audio-atx-motherboard-ga-z68ap-d3. But depends what processor you intend to put it in, as boards are designed for specific processor's.

Archived