Help in Bringing Tevez home.

I am currently 3 years into my Boca save and Carlos Tevez is quickly approaching the end of his contract. Not only is his contract expiring but Mancini and he are publicly squabling in the press and no suitors seem to have reveled themselves.

So I thought I would try a scout report to see if I had a shot at bringing him back to were he started, and to my surprise my scout reported he would have some interest.

The big problem is his wages, he wants 185k p/w. now obviuosly that is far to much for a club of my financial limitations to offer. So I thought I would perhaps declare my interst to see if it swayed him, to my surprise I got a positive response.

tevezenquiry.jpg

However when offerring another contract nothing had changed. Is there a way to bring his wage down realistically?

If not I think things like this should be addressed for futue iteratins of FM, a few years ago I raised this very point here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/170761-Bringing-Players-Back but it seems impossible for me to be able to bring Tevez in, when irl 30 yr old Tevez would jump at the chance to see his last few years at Boca, somthing he has stated publicly.

Is their any advice you guys have to sign him? if not do you agree that this area needs looking at?

But coming to the end of his career I think he would, Ronaldo did, Schevchenko, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Trezeguet, Cameronesi, Milito, Riquelme. They are not on the level of wages that they were in Europe but they returned back to at least their countries domestic league.

You should be able to get him a lot cheaper like looknohands says once his contract runs out. On my save the AI got him to Velez on 14k a week but they had to include a £3.8 million foreign club release clause into that contract. How much is the most wages you can offer?

One thing I've discovered is that player's will suddenly ask for far less money once their contract ends. For example, I've had players ask for $600,000/year on June 30, but on July 1 they've agreed to $50,000/year.

Indeed - you're just going to have to take that chance.

£41k p/w and a urther £19k appearence fee. I wouldn't use all that if I could avoid it. Do you think I should perhaps butter him up more through the press?

When can you discuss a contract with him?

Some people might view it as cheating but as soon as he is willing to negotiate a contract with you then you could save it first and have a couple of goes at getting him. The locking of wages can be a useful thing to use. I signed a player on a free who was on 100k a week at his current club, once his contract expired he was asking for 140k a week but in the end he agreed to 50k a week plus 20k a goal and a game which I can more than afford.

If you take all four of the parts in red and lock them at the highest you can offer what happens?

On my example I locked it and the player demanded 350k per appearance. I think you may have to wait until his contract actually expires. He demands 195k a week because of the wage he is currently earning. I am guessing you have altered the slider for wages and transfer funds?

Yeah I have I'm not a huge spender so like to be able to have a larger wage budet for when big players contracts run out. His contract expires as of the 30th of June, so I'll try again then.

So the Tevez saga has finally come to an end and after a lot of patience and multiple words to the press to keep his head turned my way:

tevezenquiry.jpg

Get in, best piece of buisness I have ever done on any FM, chuffed to bits with that, thanks for the tips guys. His wage demands went to from 195k p/w when at City to 33kp/w when realesed, settled for 30k.

Hopefully he does, fans and board are delighted with the signing, gonna play him as a false 9. Added to that little delight I managed to bring Dario Conca in on loan only paying 30% of his wages, his stats are crazy.

Archived