The very option I need is greyed out...

As has been discussed in another threa, Mr. Kieran Gibbs is a somewhat deluded individual with a wildly inflated opinion of his own ability. I'm currently trying to get him to sign a new contract and he is stamping his feet and asking for 51k p/w with an 21k appearance fee. This is absurd. It also seems the opportune moment to have an "interaction" with him and ask that he "reduce wage demands." So why is this option greyed out and unavailable for me to use? Surely this is exactly the scenario for which it is designed?

This annoys me too. If you hover your mouse over the greyed out option it says it's unavailable as the club is not in financial difficulties, or words to that effect. It annoys me as my club would be in financial difficulties if I gave in to all of their ridiculous demands,lol.

I think we should be able to ask players to reduce their wage demands regardless of financial status. So I ask SI; any chance of changing this in the next patch???

The request is worded incorrectly, it should be more along the lines of 'ask player to take a pay cut to help with debt'.

I still think there is room for a manager to be able to tell a player that he is asking for too much but for some reason it seems to have been omitted from contract negotiations unless you count the locking feature which is a rather clumsy way of doing it.

well just dont offer him a new contract, if you are desperate to hold on to him, then just too bad, you will have to offer him that

UNLESS you offer him and his Agent a higher signon fee (loyalty bonus), that way you can offer the lad up to 20k less a week (might have to include a decent bonus if he makes team of the season)

well just dont offer him a new contract, if you are desperate to hold on to him, then just too bad, you will have to offer him that

UNLESS you offer him and his Agent a higher signon fee (loyalty bonus), that way you can offer the lad up to 20k less a week (might have to include a decent bonus if he makes team of the season)

yeah but c'mon mate that's absurd, 21k for an appearance ontop of 51k a week or w/e for what is an average player - this should deffo be something SI look at in the new patch along with players going to AI teams for alot less money than I offered.

Archived