Recommend possible new signing (your experience?) - Player Interaction

Just wondering if there are many users who actually use this feature? Personally I rarely use it but I'd like to know what you guys think about it?

I imagine the player being asked would come back with a recommended player from his old club or nationality but what kind of player do you think would be a good judge of ability and potential?

I know its noted that signing the recommended player should improve your relationship with the original player* but I was thinking perhaps there's a chance that signing the recommendation would help with the player* settling in at the club? (if he hasn't already settled) and maybe help with getting to grips with the native language?

I can't remember ever seeing a thread about this feature so please feel free to chip in any experience you've had with it.

well

I signed Wayne Rooney for Real Madrid for alot of money

played him a season

I didn't get in his favourites (I consider in fm12 it's harder to get the players to like you), so I want to improve the relationship

then I go for recommend player, guess who he recommends me ? his brother :D who is absolute crap for a team like Real Madrid

so John Rooney signed and sent to Real Madrid C, Favourite personnel now

I had money that I didn't know who to buy so I asked every member of the team

There are 3 choices:

they won't recommend anyone (they may be fearful that they will lose their spots :D)

they will recommend a good player from their old team or their nation

they will recommend a person who is in their favourite personnel and who may not be someone you want in your team because he isn't good enough (eg. John Rooney)

also they will recommend someone that you will be able 100% to sign

David Silva was not eligible for me to sign but after a few years he appeared in the player search (he was unhappy, my club was successful) and Casillas and Ramos recommended him

well

There are 3 choices:

they won't recommend anyone (they may be fearful that they will lose their spots :D)

they will recommend a good player from their old team or their nation

they will recommend a person who is in their favourite personnel and who may not be someone you want in your team because he isn't good enough (eg. John Rooney)

also they will recommend someone that you will be able 100% to sign

Is there also still the option in FM12 for them to say something like "transfers aren't my responsibility, leave me alone!" and then have a drop in morale? I seem to remember this happening a couple of times in 11...

My scout found me a great 18 year old DC from Yerevan, Armenia (regen, before you start looking!). He looks very promising, so I asked him to recommend someone and he suggested another DC 18 year old regen from the same team. So now I have them both, DCL and DCR, who have the potential to form a solid pairing for a decade or more. Unfortunately the new one seems to need a 'rest' for two weeks in every month at the moment but I'm hoping he grows out of it. The first one doesn't suffer homesickness problems.

Is there also still the option in FM12 for them to say something like "transfers aren't my responsibility, leave me alone!" and then have a drop in morale? I seem to remember this happening a couple of times in 11...

haven't encountered that yet

I have Dare Vrsic at Ipswich. He got home sick after a month or so. I gave him a break from the club but it didn't work. I gave him a second break but he was still unhappy. I asked if he could recommend a signing and he suggested a 31 year old goalkeeper from his home land. They had never played for the same club before and neither listed each other as their favoured personnel. I signed the goalkeeper. He was only about 30k and would be 3rd choice for me. Vrsic is now happy and enjoying life at the club even though his mate hasn't even been on the bench for me yet.

Archived