Is there anyway to...

... get an 'out of league' club to manage?

I'd like to manage Salgótarján. However they are below the 2nd division, which is the lowest in the hungarian league and they never get promoted. I've tried:

a) asking for feeder club, but I never get them

b) having friendlies

c) loaning out players to them, to have a better squad - how?

Nothing seems to work. Is there a way apart from plain old luck?

6 years in the game and hoping they'll appear each year. (13 yrs was my max in fm10 and they didn't promote there either).

(No FMRTE and editing)

Just save the game before the date when the new season is started, and re-load over and over until they appear, it might take hours but it should work, only other way i could think of is take a note of their current rep, then use FMRTE to increase their rep to increase the chances of them being promoted, then put their rep back down.

The suggestion by milnerpoint is good. No need for an editor :)

Are they in a league which is in general playable? If so, you could use the new add/remove leagues feature and just add that league to your running save.

If you check the editors hideaway forum you may find someone already created a file, should the league not be playable by default. You would then just have to download the file and have it ticked as in 'used' when starting a new save.

Also, if you don't want to touch the editor (which for swapping clubs is really easy to use) you can also create a swap clubs file easily. You can find a lot of info on that over there as well.

hth :)

Unfortunately, they are not playable so I cannot add them. I've been hoping they'll appear sometime and have been trying the above to get them promoted. They never have though... and as robertcornell68 mentioned if it's due to reputation that may be it.

I've checked the editors and I don't know if it is possible... Also it leads far, cause I'd then need to create their normal jersey, rather than the default; blue & white, plus I'd need to give them players (?), cause at the moment they only have the greyed out ones, etc... Bit wary that I may crash the game. Also fmrte is not a free software? That surprised me.

Unfortunately, they are not playable so I cannot add them. I've been hoping they'll appear sometime and have been trying the above to get them promoted. They never have though... and as robertcornell68 mentioned if it's due to reputation that may be it.

I've checked the editors and I don't know if it is possible... Also it leads far, cause I'd then need to create their normal jersey, rather than the default; blue & white, plus I'd need to give them players (?), cause at the moment they only have the greyed out ones, etc... Bit wary that I may crash the game. Also fmrte is not a free software? That surprised me.

Just dare a bit more :)

The editor is fairly self-explanatory in many ways.

1. You load the database after starting the editor

2. Use the search function to get to the clubs or persons you want and make your edits

3. Save your edits to a file

Then, when starting a new game, you will have a line saying that x out of y extra files are used (1 out of 1 in your case probably). You then have the option to select which ones you want to use and which not. Even if one file would cause the game to crash, you could easily just not use it in the future. You cannot destroy the game by using the editor as all changes are kept in separate files and the initial data remains untouched.

Also, if you swap teams, there is an option to check if the changes would corrupt the game in the editor.

And as directed, in the editor forum you may already find for download what you are looking for. Or just go there to ask how to activate the next league level in Hungary. People will be happy to help you :)

Archived