Any way to stop this ridiculous influx of injuries?

I'm Chelsea first season and every single game one key player is going down!

Jadson 2 weeks next week Ivanovic and Bosingwa out 2 months each, next match Willian misses 2 weeks, next match Merieles 7 days Drogba a week, next match Lukaku 2 months, next match Ramires out 2 weeks.

It just seems very strange all of these injuries, will hiring better physios stop this ridiculousness or is that just how football manager works these days?

Every year, there are a bunch of complaints about injuries being too many. Every year, it's shown that people are doing something "wrong" (at least in game terms), because many others don't see those issues.

I don't get too many injuries. I've never had more than 4 on my squad at any given time (knock on verneer). If you're getting more than that, you must be doing something I'm not, or I'm doing something you're not, or both. But it's not the game's fault.

It would help to know a bit more about your training, I can't remember ever having a serious injury problem in any FM. I don't do anything too complicated with my training, a month or so of pre-season, lots of aerobic and strength with a bare minimum of the other categories, intensity one notch off very hard. Rest of the season, strength and aerobic on medium, or lower, overall intensity one notch off hard. Like I said, never had an injury crisis that I can remember, no problems with player's fitness, and happy with player's progression.

I was really happy when FM12 included the Conditioning default...saved me having to make one for my guys. That's my preseason. A week before the first match of the regular season, I switch to my position-specific regimes, all set to the same over-all intensity (about four or so clicks below Hard), but with variations depending on what's being trained. I have DC, FB, MC/DM, MC/AM, Wing, ST, and GK for full-time, part-time, and youth. Seriously thinking of splitting ST training into Attack and Support variants...

Another concern is that I almost never use Attacking or Overload. My three match-prep tactics are Counter, Standard, and Control. Hard tacking is used sparingly in matches, dictated only to opposition players with low Bravery (and if the ref is card-happy, I'll tell everyone to go Easy tackling with Normal for the cowards). I do my durndest not to start anyone with less than 95%, and have a 28-34 man squad so's I can field two completely different sides a week if I have to (the 2nd team gets designated for the Reserves a lot -- the only players actually on my reserve side are transfer-listed or out on loan). My captain has only moderate aggression to keep a lid on overall team aggression.

Archived