Abysmal staff ratings

Never cease to be amazed with each version of FM how generally awful the ratings of lot of staff are - be it coaches, scouts or physios.

Is this because they're mostly auto generated or something? On top of this some of them are also paid silly amounts which exaggerates the situation even more.

Don't see how most of them would ever get the job irl 8-)

Anyone know why they are so bad??

I generally dislike the inclusion of staff that aren't good at their job. Surely, a physio employed by Milan would be quite good at his job? 15= good, 14 to 10 mediocre and less than 9 poor?

I have to agree with this. I've seen a lot of staff like physio's employed by some of the biggest clubs in Europe with very poor stats (well below 8) in a lot of cases. I also agree with the remarks about the wages these staff members demand. I think this is an area of the game that needs adjusting but I would imagine that this is very low on SI's list of priorities for FM.

When I start the game and take over a club the first thing I do even before I've signed a player is look at the stats of all the staff currently at the club and I get rid of those with poor stats (below 9) and on high wages and replace them with better asap.

I totally agree with trekman and whilewolf there. If the researchers can't do their job, make the game automatically generate/adjust the attributes in a balanced way. This is what happens with players and should happen with staff as well.

yeah i have no idea how they rate staff. i have noticed that there are some terribly rated people at big clubs and that they have like 8 physios for some reason. does having more than 1 even matter in the game?

I'm not even sure how researchers are supposed to rate staff if their not working with you how are you to know what their strength and weakness are?

Well of course it's not easy but I think some of the researchers are not only keen followers of football in general but also diehard fans of their hometown club. And I'd guess most of them have played the game themselves as young kids for years and/or know some of the current players (and maybe staff) in person very well etc. Word gets around about staff as well.

Archived