annoying "first team football" request

The request for first team football is too frequent in FM2012. Some rotation players ask for first team football only after being rested for three matches. What the hell is this?Only 3 matches and their last first team presence is only ten days ago! And there are certainly some backup players in each team who do not have first-team football often but still are willing to remain in a club. But I don't see any such loyal players in FM. Just annoying. :mad:

I'm getting various annoying moments like this. One player wants first team football, even though he is about 10th choice for his position, so there is no way he is playing. So I promise I will try to loan him out. I offer him out on loan but nobody wants him, later he comes back complaining I didn't keep my promise. I can't loan him out if nobody wants him, but I can't tell him this either!

Another wants first team football, I promise to give him a chance in the first team. I then don't have a game for 16 days and suddenly he is concerned that I haven't kept my word. Uh hello?? We haven't had a game!! I can't explain this to him either.

One of the factors, I suspect, is that if you have players who are good enough (in terms of their reputation) to be playing first team football for your team (in terms of the team's reputation) they will be extremely demanding.

This happens a lot if you get good quickly, or if you buy a lot of good players quickly. You end up with rotation players who are good enough -- reputation-wise -- to start. And they let you know.

It happened to me when I took Wigan into the top five in my second season. I brought it quite a few players who were better than my original team, but most of the original team (even after accepting new contracts as rotation players) still felt food enough to start for lowly Wigan -- they problem being that Wigan wasn't so lowly any more.

Archived