Is Internet connection required to play the game?

I'm just curious if an Internet connection is always required to play the game as every time I launch the game it says that it's logging in2 my STEAM account...

I don't have a problem with my Internet at the moment so I can still play my game fine but I don't want to run in2 a situation when my Internet isn't working and I am unable to play the game.

So just in case can somebody please advise me how I can play the game without an Internet connection?

Thanks!

I'm just curious if an Internet connection is always required to play the game as every time I launch the game it says that it's logging in2 my STEAM account...

I don't have a problem with my Internet at the moment so I can still play my game fine but I don't want to run in2 a situation when my Internet isn't working and I am unable to play the game.

So just in case can somebody please advise me how I can play the game without an Internet connection?

Thanks!

You will have to activate the game via Steam when you very first play it, but you can put Steam into "Offline" mode (will prompt you when Steam starts if no internet conenction is present).

As far as im aware you always have to know in advance that you are going to be playing offline, and set steam to offline mode before you disconnect from the internet.

I often forget to do this and therefore cant access FM whilst on my laptop in the uni library, so without this website I would almost be forced to do some work!

So therefore, if for example your internet just disappeared one day, from what I can tell you would need to get on the internet to set steam to offline mode.

However, when I first got steam years and years ago for valve games the offline mode worked at all times, even when not prepared, which makes a lot more sense.

Im not sure if they have changed it deliberately or if it just just error-prone.

Yeh in the past if i opened steam without being connected to the internet I used to get asked if I wanted to run it in offline mode instead.

Now, without fail, even if I click on start in offline mode then it tries to do it and just says it cant connect anyway.

The only way to prevent this for me is to set it to offline mode in advance.

This was the case on both my current laptop and my previous one, which was different brands, different windows etc.

However, Im glad to hear that not everybody has this problem, as all in all i think steam is great

Archived