Socrates

Now, I've posted this in another thread, but it has gotten no replies.

While I see that Gary Speed's death has been hardcoded into the game now, why not Socrates?

I would like to know why they couldn't/didn't do it, as I feel it would be a major case of double standards by SI!

I can't understand why they would hardcode anything of this nature into the game. It is similar to how they hardcoded Buonanotte's car crash into the game in FM10. My thought for any of these things, including injuries and whatnot, is that if they hadn't occurred by 1st of July, then don't include them. As FM is meant to be a simulation of football from the 1st of July, and from that date, anything can happen in the game world, therefore there's no need to hardcode things that actually do happen in the real world on top of that.

Eh? You're saying having someone in the game who died and not having someone in the game who died is double standards? Double standards I'd usually say if it was something which was basically seen as either an injustice, or favouring someone/something over someone/something else. This is neither. To say it's double standards is ridiculous.

'hardcoded' is certainly the wrong expression. Removed from the db, it should be.

And I'm sure that SI did not take a decision to let Socrates remain in the game despite being dead. It's just an oversight or it happened after the deadline.

Relax, guys.

Archived