• Scotland - Down to Third Division
  • Romania - Down to Second Division
  • Slovakia - Down to Second Division
  • Poland - Down to First Division
  • Denmark - Down to Second Division
  • Bulgaria - Down to B Group
  • South Korea - Down to N-League

Manager Reputation: Sunday League Footballer

Borrowed your layout Raware as it's easy to read and looks good.

I've struggled to really get into any save on FM12 so far with only my Forest save one that I've really enjoyed. I'm going back to a team that I had a fun save on FM10. The team I'm talking about is Droylsden FC.

I don't really have any plans for this as of yet. I wouldn't mind some reasonable success though.

droylsden_203_203x152.gif

Droylsden FC - A little history

Droylsden FC are a semi-professional team that are located in Droylsden, Greater Manchester. The club was formed in 1892 and currently play in the Blue Square North. The clubs ground is called The Butchers Arms Ground as a landlord of The Butchers Arms Pub invited them to play at the back of the pub. The club plays in red and white with it's nickname being The Bloods.

p20071117a.JPG

droylsden_203_203x152.gif

Droylsden FC

Season 2011- 2012 - Preview

League Expectation

Blue Square North: Board Expectation - Play-Offs, Media Prediction: 5th out 22.

Cup Expectations

FA Cup: 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: 1st Round

Transfer Budget: £2k

Wage Budget: £3.6k

Current Wage Bill: £3.6k

My Season Expectations

The board want Play-Offs, but I want one better. Promotion is a definite possibility considering that most teams could probably beat anyone on their day. The squad I have inherited is one that is or could be considered small, but at this level money is tight so I expect that. I'm not overly confident about my defence or attack so I shall look to address that first.

We gave birth to our threads on the same day so like the annoying woman who was in the bed next to my Mother after she gave birth to my sister I'll haunt you for the rest of your thread. Or something. Good luck with your journeyman career though. Will be interesting to see how someone else gets on starting at the same time as me.

Pre-Season 2011

The off season has seen 15 players join us at the Butchers with 6 players leaving us for pastures new. The players joining us are;

John Bateman – The former West Brom and Aberdeen man joins us on a three year deal where he’ll fight it out for the number 1 jersey with our other new keeper. He has decent attributes for this level and I truly believe that he could be with the club for more than three years.

James Gilpin – Our other new keeper and much like Bateman is a great keeper for this level. He’s still young and improving so whilst he isn’t the finished product yet, he can still provide some competition for John.

Peter Murphy – Our first loanee under my spell as manager is this right back. He’s joined for the season from Accrington Stanley and he’ll immediately become first choice. He definitely has the ability to play at a higher level and with his contract at Accrington expiring at the end of the season; I have my eyes on trying to snap him up on a permanent deal.

Nathan Fox – The Leicester born left back joins after a two year spell at Notts County. He may only be here for a season as his £5 a week youth contract is up at the end of the season.

Luke Rowe – Joins as first choice left back and looks to be a sound player for this level. I’ve given him a three year deal in the hope that he’ll be able to step up should be promoted during that time.

Omar Beckles – The 19 year old defender has been without a club for over a season and it’s difficult to see why. He looks decent for his age and whilst he isn’t first choice, he will definitely offer suitable back up if he’s ever needed.

Daniel Wilkinson – The former Hull City man is another who is signed as back with potential. He doesn’t seem to be as good as Beckles but with his ability to play as a right back as well. He adds some depth to the squad which will no doubt be needed.

Oliver Nicholas – This central defender has been on the books of four Premier League clubs already in his short career. Unfortunately he’s not made the grade at any of them and instead joins us on a two year deal. He’ll be fighting it out with two other strong centre backs.

Luke Connolly – Purely signed because he’s costing us £5 a week in wages. Will probably not play many games but is there if needed.

Exodus Geohaghan – This beast of a centre back is my second favourite signing of the summer so far. He’s got some good attributes and to get him on a three year, £150 a week deal, I’m delighted.

Luke McCarthy – Signed on loan from Bury for the season with no wages being paid by ourselves. He’ll start off as back up but with the season being a long one, he’ll no doubt play some games.

Medi Abalimba – The former Oldham man has joined for free and is already first choice. Able to play as a creator or a more defensive minded centre mid, he’ll hopefully offer some support.

Mark Hartmann – Another new central midfielder at the club, but with us already having Medi and Paul Marshall, he’ll have to wait his turn for some game time.

Ade Akinbiyi – Despite being 36, I’m hoping that Ade will be the target man of my team. I’m hopeful that he’ll not only be able to help set up goals, but also score a few as well.

Pablo Counago – So far, Pablo is my favourite signing of the summer window. I felt I was a bit short up top and when looking at the free agents and seeing his name at the top, I got a little giddy. He’s joined as my highest earner and whilst I may have been able to haggle a bit more, I don’t care as he’s hopefully going to propel me out of this league.

Players who have left us are;

Sean Lake

Craig Robinson

Chris Brown

Ricky Anane

Dale Johnson

Paul Phillips

I’ve also terminated the loan of Fleetwood Town’s Danny Rowe. Nat Kerr may also be leaving the club too.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Bala Town 2-3 Droylsden FC

James Vaughan & Steve Jones(2)

Droylsden FC 3-2 Gillingham

Steve Jones(2) & Ade Akinbiyi

Droylsden FC 3-0 Ilkeston

David Allen OG & Luke Holden(2)

Overall a very productive pre-season and it may still get better. There has been one disappointing thing though and that is the injury to Steve Jones which will keep him out for 4 to 5 weeks. I also managed to get the board to increase my wage budget to £4k a week. Unfortunately I have gone over it now.

Here is my full squad for the start of the season.

Goalkeepers

John Bateman

James Gilpin

Right Backs

Peter Murphy

James Vaughan

Left Backs

Luke Rowe

Nathan Fox

Centre Backs

Oliver Nicholas

Exodus Geohaghan

John Hardiker

Omar Beckles

Daniel Wilkinson

Luke Connolly

Right Midfielders

David Poole

Luke McCarthy

Left Midfielders

Lewis Killeen

Carlos Logan

Centre Midfielders

Paul Marshall

Medi Abalimba

Mark Hartmann

Danny Gardner

Warren Peyton

Strikers

Pablo Counago

Ade Akinbiyi

Steve Jones

Ciaran Kilheeney

Luke Holden

Just also managed to sign the former Nottingham Forest midfielder Gareth Williams on a free transfer :).

He seemed to have so much potential when he broke into our first team squad with the likes of Jenas, Dawson, Reid, Prutton, etc. Shame he didn't fulfil that potential :(. I used to enjoy watching him spray the ball across the park.

Archived