Chelsea in 2021

So after being at Bayern for 9 years and building a team of 4 star players all below 25 and all destroying records like its going out of fashion I decided to take up a spot at Chelsea.

Not so surprisingly the average age at Chelsea is currently 31. What I did find quite astonishing was the fact that they had 3 staff members. 1 Fitness Coach and 2 Coaches. No assistant manager and amazingly, no physios! They did have 3 or 4 scouts though. There was no news reports of a mass exodus after the manager left and he wasnt there that long anyway to have such an effect.

Chelsea won the premiership last year and the manager at the time left Chelsea to join Manchester City who finished sixth leaving the opening for me at Chelsea. I am actually afraid to look at the other premiership teams if Chelsea is this bad.

Although saying that Arsenal won the Champions League (managed by Mick Mc Carthy wtf!?!) the previous year after knocking my Bayern team out 3-2 on aggregate following some freak own goals and destroyed Barcelona 4-0 in the final. Yet Arsenal finished 4th in the league.

So my question is, what the hell is going on with the staff? I am lucky 12 of my backroom staff with Bayern followed me out the door or I could be in serious trouble with the entire squad needing to be replaced as well!

When a previous manager leaves, he often takes many members of his back room staff with him. The avergae age of the squad doesn't really surprise me, either. It wouldn't be like that in real life, but I've seen it plenty of times myself where many clubs have many players over 30 and/or reaching the end of their career

When a previous manager leaves, he often takes many members of his back room staff with him. The avergae age of the squad doesn't really surprise me, either. It wouldn't be like that in real life, but I've seen it plenty of times myself where many clubs have many players over 30 and/or reaching the end of their career

Already said the staff didnt leave with him as there was no news update saying the staff left. I got the news that the manager wanted to move to city followed by the manager joining city but nothing about the staff.

Already said the staff didnt leave with him as there was no news update saying the staff left. I got the news that the manager wanted to move to city followed by the manager joining city but nothing about the staff.

Have you checked the 'staff out' screen in the transfer centre? There isn't always a news item if staff leave with a manager.

Were you actually subscribed to news from Chelsea/Premier League?

Yes. I wanted to leave German league for the EPL for like 3 years gametime and kept my preferred teams subscribed to watch for any openings.

Have you checked the 'staff out' screen in the transfer centre? There isn't always a news item if staff leave with a manager.

No I didnt think of that. Will check it when I get home tonight.

I read another thread about an issue with an Italian club not having staff at all. It seems that clubs in leagues that aren't run in full detail are sloppily managed also when it comes to staff. Another club in the same savegame apparently had several dozens of scouts...

Archived