Do I need steam to download the game on Mac?

Thanks for your quick response.

That's just wonderful considering I live in rural Wales with an utter **** internet connection. Thanks SI I'll just spend around a month trying to download it through Steam to play the game. What's the point in buying a disc if I need to download it. I can't have steam running in the background because my internet connection is so bad.

You need to activate it through. I do believe you can set Steam to offline mode when you've activated it.

Whats the disc for? Why don't they just sell it through steam then if you cant use the disc to activate and download the game - strange company decisions when no consideration has been made for those who live in rural areas with poor internet connections.

Suppose I'll have to just leave my computer on over night trying to activate the game. I'll have to figure out how to set Steam to offline mode because I haven't a clue how to use it. I remember my first and only experience was horrendous with it. I'm really not happy now about buying it and will probably considering giving it a miss unless someone buys it in a Christmas stocking for me.

Thanks for your input.

Some people like to have the disc version and not have it on Steam directly if you know what I mean. Some for collection reasons, others for other reasons. I've got the game from Steam this year so have no disc. I have to say it's been a very good choice, so far. I won't have any problems with getting it on Steam again.

I was a bit worried/cautious about getting the game and having to directly use Steam. Not because I have a problem with it, but like most people I only play FM and whilst I used Steam last year for FM, I just didn't want anything to go wrong for me this year with FM.

Whats the disc for? Why don't they just sell it through steam then if you cant use the disc to activate and download the game - strange company decisions when no consideration has been made for those who live in rural areas with poor internet connections.

Suppose I'll have to just leave my computer on over night trying to activate the game. I'll have to figure out how to set Steam to offline mode because I haven't a clue how to use it. I remember my first and only experience was horrendous with it. I'm really not happy now about buying it and will probably considering giving it a miss unless someone buys it in a Christmas stocking for me.

Thanks for your input.

Consideration was given to this but they decided that people in your situation were expendable.

As you have poor internet it might be worth your while checking some of the threads dealing with Steam on this forum before parting with your cash (there are plenty of them). There is a lot more to it than just activating online.

Official info here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ

Consideration was given to this but they decided that people in your situation were expendable.

As you have poor internet it might be worth your while checking some of the threads dealing with Steam on this forum before parting with your cash (there are plenty of them). There is a lot more to it than just activating online.

Official info here http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279162-Football-Manager-2012-*OFFICIAL*-FAQ

Thanks for that. I'll take a look. I'm having trouble installing Steam as I keep getting a message saying I have no Internet connection. I wouldn't even be able to activate it at this rate anyway.

Cant find the answers to these questions....

If I install the game from Steam. Can I play it without the disc on offline mode?

It gives instructions, but I'm really confused because online I can buy the game from Steam on the internet page, so does it matter if I buy the game on the website or via that downloaded application (like it suggests bellow)?

- Install Steam on your computer

- Once installed, open up Steam

- Go to +ADD A GAME at the bottom-left of the window

- Then select Activate a product on Steam

- Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. - Manual? what manual?

- Steam should now download your game.

Yes, you can play it without the disc in offline mode.

If you buy the digital copy from either Steam or any other website, you'll still have to download the game through Steam (you're just given a code to download it by other websites).

Archived