Greediest player, ever!

For a long time I've been looking to sign a certain 17-year old regen. He appears very interested in joining my side but it must be on his terms. And only his terms. Currently he's considered a "decent young player" at his lower-rated club and is paid €325/month. So then I come along. His owners accept my offer and I am met with his demand of giving him "first team" status... and €175,000/month! That's a 54,000% pay increase. The guy has never even played a senior game!! I offered him "hot prospect" status and €25K/month and the guy just laughed in my face. Stupid boy. You just blew your chance.

Can anyone top a potential 54,000% pay hike?

For a long time I've been looking to sign a certain 17-year old regen. He appears very interested in joining my side but it must be on his terms. And only his terms. Currently he's considered a "decent young player" at his lower-rated club and is paid €325/month. So then I come along. His owners accept my offer and I am met with his demand of giving him "first team" status... and €175,000/month! That's a 54,000% pay increase. The guy has never even played a senior game!! I offered him "hot prospect" status and €25K/month and the guy just laughed in my face. Stupid boy. You just blew your chance.

Can anyone top a potential 54,000% pay hike?

Is the Regen on a permanent contract yet? I've found in the past that it is virtually impossible to sign players before they have signed their first professional full time contract. Does this apply in your case?

For example the likes of Bojan can theoretically be signed before the age of 17 (the age when players can sign professional terms) but I've never been able to do it even when maxing out the wage and sign-on fees. Personally I quite like that feature as it makes the game a bit more of a challenge, but it is silly that players won't sign £100,000 per week contracts in favour of their £70 per week current deals.

Yup. The guy is on a conventional full-time contract - no pre-contract issues here.

I'll be making another attempt to sign him later on; he is potentially a future world-class player. He'd be good at €25K/month but certainly not at €175K. Perhaps he'll come to his senses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Thats some demand! Better of without a player like that IMO icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I've even got into a policy of cancelling deals with players who aren't 'happy'/'delighted' to agree a contract with me; unless they're something special. Don't want players playing for me who aren't happy to do so.

Keeper Anthony Scribe is quite greedy in my current Leeds game. A talented kid with no experience required 10k/month in wages first season. I checked his pa with MiniScout and it is around 80. It will take years until he starts performing, even at League One/Championship level. Who does this kid think he is?

Not the same demands as your regen, but pretty steep for a no-name youngster.

An update: I made another bid for the greedy youngster - a month after being shot down. First of all, his club accepted a significantly lower bid AND the bloke has come to his senses, demanding "decent young player" status and €1,500/month. He'll be joining me in the next transfer window. But WHY didn't he accept my initial offer of €25K/month!?

Joe Mattock, I think, tried to sign him as Triestina, and he demanded 34,500 pounds and key player status - and he was 19. Does he think I'm stupid or something? That's like the entire salary of my team combined...

Archived