Steam Question

I was looking forward to FM2012 for a long time but when I heard about Steam my heart sank.

I got a strange answer from SI and was wondering if anybody can answer me this before I purchase the game.

If I download Steam, install it, activate game through it and then play; when I go to an area where there is no internet connection at all, can I still play the game or do I always have to be connected online to be able to play?

Not, play offline mode but still be connected to the internet but no internet at all.

Thanks.

Why can't you play where you want to?

Also, I accidentally deleted my original post haha!

I travel to Poland a lot and I like to play Football Manager when I am ther in the evenings but there is no internet connection at all where I stay so will this mean I cannot play it there?

That's not cool.

If I buy the game with my hard earned money why can I not play it where I want to?

You can. Usually, and this is going off my own experience. If you leave it in online mode, you'll be able to just sign in to Steam, or have the automatic sign in ticked and it'll sign you and you can play. For example if you wanted to play it on a train but you didn't have the internet, on the automatic sign in thing if it can't detect an internet connection it'll say, Steam could not connect or something similar like that. You then get a choice of two options, 'retry' or play in offline mode. Select offline mode and you can then play your game.

I'm going off personal experience and it may be different if you don't have automatic sign in.

I travel to Poland a lot and I like to play Football Manager when I am ther in the evenings but there is no internet connection at all where I stay so will this mean I cannot play it there?

Offline mode should work regardless of location. Sometimes I have difficulty switching to offline mode so I tend to change it when I'm still in online mode (in Steam, click 'Steam', then 'Go Offline') before I go somewhere with no internet.

If you are not taking the computer with FM12 on it with you, then you won't be able to play as you need the internet to download Steam on to the computer that you will be using in order to play the game.

If you are not taking the computer with FM12 on it with you, then you won't be able to play as you need the internet to download Steam on to the computer that you will be using in order to play the game.

I am taking it with me, my laptop, I always take it as I use it for study too.

Archived