Why is FM 2012 so GOOD?!

Why is FM 2012 so GOOD!?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Why is FM 2012 so GOOD!?

• Because it simply is!
    • Because I finaly can beat Barca 3:)
    • My team is finally good!
    • SI outdone themselves...
    • It's the only good real football simulation...
    • I'm in love with it, so I can't see the bad sides :D
    • I can finally make C. Ronaldo pay! 3:)
    • Who said it was good!? :/
    • Because of the new features...
    • Because I can show Mourinho who the real football manager is!

is it? no idea. it's still disgracefully unstable and consta-crashes. the helper elves in the bugs forum have been great offering suggestions and advice but when it crashes with no 3d on, and still gets runtime errors whenever it feels like that don't generate a crash dump... it's pretty much borked.

is it? no idea. it's still disgracefully unstable and consta-crashes. the helper elves in the bugs forum have been great offering suggestions and advice but when it crashes with no 3d on, and still gets runtime errors whenever it feels like that don't generate a crash dump... it's pretty much borked.

You defiantly made some good point here.

You defiantly made some good point here.

Heh, defiantly :)

Over 100 hours played and not a single crash...

Best version by far... I think it has to do with the overall feeling of completeness. The features are (nearly) universally complete and useful (case in point being team talks/media interaction).

It's not perfect, but it is by far and away the best football simulation out there. Nothing even remotely comes close.

Its only "good" because there isn't really another footballing simulation (Fifa Manager aside) which has the depth and quality of data/information as FM. When it was CM vs FM there was competition between the two, and IMO I preferred CM. I still sometimes play CM10 and that was the most enjoyable for me. FM11 to me is also better than FM12, FM11 seemed to flow better and seem more realistic and a better experiance for me, FM12 have some weird issues which some people are experiencing and some aren't. (Transfers, Major Injury drop in attributes etc)

FM12 is good, some people have had major problems some haven't. I have played about 20 hours and nothing really wrong with my game, no major bugs (GK Pos Training and bug aside).

At the moment, (only cause I've paid £30 for FM12 I play it) my favourite FM series is CM10>FM11>CM02>CM4>CM5>FM12

Thing is with the latest FM series, I get bored after about an hour of playing.

Because of little new things that make the game more accessible. Like, the transfer centre thingy for incoming bids, I can look through them all on one screen to see who's trying to be an instalments cheapskate without having to go through the palaver of checking through individual bids in my inbox. Just stuff like that really.

I've no idea why its so good but it bloody well is! It just feels more realistic than ever before for some reason. I think the ME, whilst it still has issues (narrow formations being overpowered - but not quite so bad as before - players failing to play a simple square ball for a tap in when through on goal etc) is very believable and because it is rewarding like no other game in so much as you can build a club from nothing over the years.

I guess it helps when theres nothing else about though. Like most, I have been playing this game (or its previous incarnations) for a long time now - my previous favourite was CM 97/98 but I don't know if that is just nostalgia - i loved the big clicky buttons and was becoming bored with FM - each year I bought the game it just felt like a data update with a few more boring press conference questions but I must say that this is a stunning return to form in my humble opinion.

Archived