facilities upgrade priority

i had tried to read through most of the youth development threads, so pardon me if its been mentioned before.

i'm currently managing a small club with decent funds, and i would like to have better newgen from the club's youth system to feature in first team in the future. The problem is since the funds are limited and i can't possibly upgrade all of them in a short time, which one should be the highest priority for that purpose?

youth recruitment network : YRN is most probably out of question since my club reputation isn't great , had an effect on PA of newgen

junior coaching : seem easy to have it approved , had an effect on CA of newgen

youth facilities : expensive but cheaper than training facilities, used by players in u18 squad, had a little influence on PA of newgen (not sure)

training facilities : used by all players , no effect on newgen

are my assumptions about the facilities' effect correct?

Thanks.

are my assumptions about the facilities' effect correct?

The answer to that is that nobody has done enough experiments to say what exactly Junior Coaching does and I think the same is true of Youth Recruitment.

Youth facilites has something of an effect on regen quality, but not a very big one compared to reputation.

Training facilities don't effect regen quality, you're right.

I think you should prioritise Junior Coaching as that seems to be the easiest to improve on a limited budget.

Youth Recruitment Network: How large a pool of players your club will draw from, relative to other clubs in your nation. A higher value means you're more likely to get newgens with higher PA. If PA's your goal, this is the one you want.

Junior Coaching: Like you said, how high the CA of your newgens will be relative to their PA.

Youth Facilities: The standard of the club's youth training facilities.

Training Facilities: The standard of the club's senior training facilities.

The most important area to develop if you want to have an effect on PA is the recruitment network. The others primarily affect CA or progression.

The answer to that is that nobody has done enough experiments to say what exactly Junior Coaching does and I think the same is true of Youth Recruitment.

Well I am.

Call me a cheat of you like, but I used the editor to create a team for the BSN and gave it 20 for those facilities.

My first intake of regens has been spectacular. Some of them have CA higher than nearly every BSN player, and all of them have spectacular PAs. I need never buy a player from outside; 5 of them are good enough to go straight into my starting XI including a 16 year old keeper who is better than my 37 year old vet, and 3 more are in the first team squad.

My starting club reputation was 2500, which is about BSP average - not high at all. This has not affected the CA and PA in the slightest.

So the results are clear to me - if the OP wants regens to go straight into his first team he wants to invest in junior coaching.

Having said that, without high youth recruitment, the starting CAs of the kids won't be THAT great since the PA will be low. He's not going to cheat and suddenly upgrade to 20 so he won't see my results, of course.

Youth facilities are of little use if you only have one or two rubbish coaches. They have no effect on PA.

A warning though, nothing is for free. What I hadn't realised is that these facilities I gave myself would cost me an unsustainable £60K per month, vastly more than my wage budget. I'm only surviving because I gave myself a background sugardaddy.

Junior coaching is how well your youth players are coached before they are generated into the game. It will therefore mostly affect their starting CA.

We've had to name this 'junior coaching' to create a distinction between that and 'youth coaching' which is an in game staff role. If it was still called 'Youth Coaching budget' it lead to confusion with some users thinking that meant increasing the budget for youth coaches in game (and youth coaches in our game deal with the U18's).

xxxxxxxxxx

Not just the junior coaching. Can't recall the line in the expenditure table off the top of my head but it must include the scouting of the youth recruitment network too. I've just got promoted from BSN to BSP - the level is irrelevant if my set-up is on a par with Barcelona!

In second season the cost has doubled :eek:

hm.... i will focus on upgrading the junior coaching first, since youth recruitment network can't be upgraded with my club's low reputation. Then, maybe training facilities, when finance permits.

another thing, does the under 18s squad train using training or youth facilities? because in the training section of the u18 squad, the star ratings are for training facilities.

Archived