Offside decision replays

A couple of things I've noticed with this. If a goal is scored that counts, and the opposition think it's offside, you just seem to get 1 replay at the angle you've chosen (for example behind goal, sideline or whatever), but not a proper side on view with the lines across the pitch, yet if a goal is ruled out for offside, generally you do get the lines across the pitch. However, 1 thing I've noticed, and I don't know if it's just me or if it's the same with other people, but when you get the side on view showing whether a goal is offside or not (when it shows the 2 lines across the pitch), what I've found is that it generally doesn't stop and bring up the lines at the moment the ball is played, it's usually maybe a second or so after the ball is played. What's going on with that? That shouldn't be happening. It should be showing the lines when the ball is played, otherwise how can you accurately say whether it's offside or not? Like I said, don't know if it's just me, but I just find it really strange, and basically wrong.

You only get the side on angle for offside when you have a goal disallowed for offside. It doesn't come on for anything else.

That delay in the lines might be a bit of lag on your end? I seem to see them straight away.

I do however rewind the offside manually to check it over.

To be honest I think it should come on if a goal is given but the opposition are claiming it's offside. Maybe an idea for future versions. As for the lag, I don't know, it may be that.

I completely agree. It should be a user option to turn on and off this offside lines during replays.

It is annoying yes. I agree.

By the time the line comes up on the replay, the player is offside...however, most of the time I am not so sure they were offside when the ball was played.

Agreed, but, is this working as intended with the current ME i ask my self, because i think the off side lines appear on screen when the lines-man/ass-ref flags for the offside.

I agree that the lines should be displayed as soon as the initial pass is made though, i have often re-wound the footage to double check and also click play/pause on off so i can stop it as close to the ball leaving the foot of the player making the pass, the player scoring is with out doubt level on some occasions, but i have also scored a couple of goals when i am sure my player has been just off side, obviously i dont check these so closely and just claim i "did not see it" during the after match interview. :)

id like to know for sure if it is working as intended mind or if it is something that can/will be adjusted in a future patch or version of the game.

Archived