my career is done with...

I'm managing Sunderland, did really well in my first season, finished 5th and got into Europe, then signed alot of players thanks to the big transfer budget in the summer transfer window, and all was going well until the season started... we've only got like 6 points out 8 games and got knocked out of the League Cup already, players are requesting tranfers and the squad morale is awful... I don't understand what happened, I'm using the same tactics, the starting 11 is mostly the same as last season but we are just playing so badly... I don't think there's much point continuing anymore, since it just seems impossible to win... I'd just like to know if any experienced fm players have had this same problem and if they know what I should have done differently so this wont happen to me again in the future

How many players did you sell and buy? I cannot see that being what made your team go so bad I finished 8th with Sunderland then signed 9 players and sold 8 also releasing a load of youngsters and went on to finish 3rd.

It's practically a new team.

1. The players won't be used to playing with each other (all the new ones)

2. You probably lowered the morale of the rest of team thinking "who's being sold next" and "will I still play regularly"

Set your match prep to Teamwork and see if that makes a difference.

It's practically a new team.

1. The players won't be used to playing with each other (all the new ones)

2. You probably lowered the morale of the rest of team thinking "who's being sold next" and "will I still play regularly"

Set your match prep to Teamwork and see if that makes a difference.

ok I'll try that, thank you :)

Archived