Have SI ever sold FM12 for £39.99?

SI don't sell the game, Sega do that and as they're basically a wholesaler they'd sell to retailers at a price which the retailer then adjusts to make his margin.

That's why it's actually been sold at more than £39.99 in previous years in some places (Australia was one) I'm not sure what the maximum price charged anywhere ths year was.

I'm just curious because on the Sega store it shows £39.99 crossed out and then £29.99, but as far as I know it has never been sold on the Sega store for £39.99. Under UK law it should have been on sale at the higher price for at least 28 consecutive days within the last 6 months for Sega to advertise the discount.

I'm just curious because on the Sega store it shows £39.99 crossed out and then £29.99, but as far as I know it has never been sold on the Sega store for £39.99. Under UK law it should have been on sale at the higher price for at least 28 consecutive days within the last 6 months for Sega to advertise the discount.

That's only if it is a 'was' price. I would imagine 39.99 is the RRP which is just the amount Sega 'recommend' that retailers sell it for.

Don't know why, but it made me smile. :D

I've been subject to their whims in the past;) one thing they never get wrong is the bits that'll cost money, and by immense I meant huge (wouldn't like to be accused of praising them:D)

Archived