Steam Problem

My steam says:

Built: Aug 1 2011

Steam API: v011

When I click Steam > Check for updates it is already downloading the new steam version in the background and just before it reaches the end it restarts again. I can't get it to either finish the update or stop the update and it's killing my internet connection due to me only having approximately 0.25MB internet connection. What can I do?

I googled your issue and didn't find a solution. Other than quitting steam and restarting it. If that doesn't work the general advice was to raise a ticket with Steam Support

https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

But I'd make sure that Steam is allowed on your firewall

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2198-AGHC-7226

It happens every time there's a new steam update. I'm not looking forward to the next update haha. Never had a problem with steam on windows but on mac it's been a right pain in the arse.

This is purely anecdotal on my part, but it does seem Steam is less optimised for Macs. Think this is an area they should focus on in future

This is purely anecdotal on my part, but it does seem Steam is less optimised for Macs. Think this is an area they should focus on in future
Definitely. It's a result of Steam having been around a lot longer on windows and also having much more users on windows. I've got qualifications in computing as well and I'm probably more computer literate than your average person, if I'm having problems that I'm struggling to sort then there must be quite a few people who are getting really frustrated. I'd also imagine that the users on this forum are more computer literate than the average FM player as most people's knowledge probably doesn't extend much further than sticking a disc in and clicking play so the posts on this forum probably aren't a real showing of the problems.

Archived