How do you pick what team to start with?

This is mainly aimed at people who start in the premier league i guess.

I tend to have 1 journeyman game running where i start un-employed and then a game where i start with a premier league club, either sticking with that team or then going abroad, but how do you pick?

I'm a middlesbrough fan and as they're doing better than expected in real life i dont think i could do much better on FM so i avoid this, am i the only one who see's a team doing well in real life so doesnt undertake the challenge on FM, i look at arsenal and think 'on FM i could win the league with them' but there media prediction on the game will be 4th?

SO . . . . .How do you pick what team to start with?

I manage clubs, not careers, so I pick a team in a lowish division which has the potential of being a good club in the future. The primary factor is the stadium. I save a lot of time by picking a club with a decent stadium because once we build a new stadium it will be one that is competitive with the largest clubs in the league.

My first save this FM is Bradford from L2. The stadium takes 27000 people iirc, perhaps up to 40 000 after maxing it out. I have already by the beginning of season 2 replaced most of the players and all the staff (which I always do) so those factors are irrelevant to me.

To be honest, I pick a stadium (aka big-club-potential) not a club.

My jouneyman game i start un-employed and then the game's about me getting to the big stage, draw back is by the time i'm there the big names have all but gone, thats why i normally run a prem team save as well, so i get to play with the Rooney's and Van P's

How many players do you usually load then?

I run 72000 players now with a large database; top divisions in Argentina, Brazil, Germany (+2nd), Spain (+2nd), Italy (+2nd), France, Portugal, Netherlands, Norway, Greece, Russia, Ukraina, Turkey, Belgium and Mexico. All leagues in the nation I play in of course (England).

Journey man games I tend to start with Stalybridge Celtic as they are my local team. Couple of seasons and then travel about a bit. I usually have a couple of other saves running aswell. A big team save with someone like Barca so get to have a winning team and usually have one with Everton at some stage as there's a lot of potential there but bit of a challenge due to lack of finance.

My most memorable journey man started at east stirlingshire and ended up with peterborough in the champs league, this one's not going to plan as i cant get a win from anywhere, i'm hoping having a pre season and time to get in my own players will help!

Archived