Players don't run

Hello there. I'm not considering this as a bug, but it's riddicuolos. Players doesn't run more than 80km's per match. And in real life and in the previous versions of FM, they should run about 100km's per 90 minutes. Does this happens for you, and consider it rather stupid, or is it just me?

Sorry if there is thread about it somewhere. I couldn't find it when I was looking.

A hundred kilometers per match? I think you mean ten, and actually, taking the Champions League stats from real life, 10km's per match is only limited to players like Dirk Kuijt or Frank Lampard. The average is actually 6,5 or seven.

A hundred kilometers per match? I think you mean ten, and actually, taking the Champions League stats from real life, 10km's per match is only limited to players like Dirk Kuijt or Frank Lampard. The average is actually 6,5 or seven.

yeah 100km in 90mins is over 60Km/Hr no person can run that fast!!

Well, I don't know, but i think that 10km's per match is normal. Well, not 10, but 9 should be. It seems a little bit odd for me to see my attacking full back running only 7.5km through whole match. Sorry if I'm wrong.

I hardly ever see a player run 9km's per match in the CL end of match stats...

anyway, wingers and attacking full-backs had more than just 8.something in the previous versions...apart from what real figures would look like, something seems to be wrong...either in the FM2012 or in the previous versions

Scientific research has demonstrated that top level outfield players cover distances of approximately 10-12 km per game, with analysis of elite players from the Spanish and Champions league finding that the average distance covered exceeded 11 km (2). Midfielders cover the greatest distances (approx. 12 km), whereas defenders cover the least distance compared to all other outfield positions. Most distance covered in a match is by walking and low intensity running, however, sprints that are approximately 4 s in duration occur once every 90 s (3). The mean distance of sprints in football are bout 25 - 30 m (3) with periods of between 40 and 60 s separating high intensity efforts (3). As a match progresses, this exercise intensity is reduced in the second half with reductions in distances covered (2), the number of skilled involvements (4) and overall movement speed (2).

2. Di Salvo, V., R. Baron, H. Tschan, F. J. Montero, N. Bachl and F. Pigozzi (2007). "Performance characteristics according to playing position in elite soccer." International Journal of Sports Medicine 28(3): 222-227.

3. Withers, R. T., Z. Maricie, S. Wasilewski and L. Kelly (1982). "Match analyses of Australian professional soccer players." Journal of Human Movement Studies 8: 159-176.

4. Bloomfield, J., R. Polman and P. O'Donoghue (2007). "Physical demands of different positions in FA Premier League soccer." Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 6: 63-70.

source: http://www.scientific-football.com/page2.htm

Scientific research has demonstrated that top level outfield players cover distances of approximately 10-12 km per game, with analysis of elite players from the Spanish and Champions league finding that the average distance covered exceeded 11 km (2). Midfielders cover the greatest distances (approx. 12 km), whereas defenders cover the least distance compared to all other outfield positions. Most distance covered in a match is by walking and low intensity running, however, sprints that are approximately 4 s in duration occur once every 90 s (3). The mean distance of sprints in football are bout 25 - 30 m (3) with periods of between 40 and 60 s separating high intensity efforts (3). As a match progresses, this exercise intensity is reduced in the second half with reductions in distances covered (2), the number of skilled involvements (4) and overall movement speed (2).

2. Di Salvo, V., R. Baron, H. Tschan, F. J. Montero, N. Bachl and F. Pigozzi (2007). "Performance characteristics according to playing position in elite soccer." International Journal of Sports Medicine 28(3): 222-227.

3. Withers, R. T., Z. Maricie, S. Wasilewski and L. Kelly (1982). "Match analyses of Australian professional soccer players." Journal of Human Movement Studies 8: 159-176.

4. Bloomfield, J., R. Polman and P. O'Donoghue (2007). "Physical demands of different positions in FA Premier League soccer." Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 6: 63-70.

source: http://www.scientific-football.com/page2.htm

But what about the average Joe playing on BSN level? Seems to me that for the non-Kuyts/Iniestas out there, an average of 8km/match isn't all that bad.

But what about the average Joe playing on BSN level? Seems to me that for the non-Kuyts/Iniestas out there, an average of 8km/match isn't all that bad.

I do not know whether there is any such information available, here's a link to Championship data (they seem similar to those for Premiership):

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/72849629/Championship-Fitness-league-table-SENSITISED-Oct-06

It's not unusual for a player to cover distance in excess of 13 km in 90 min. (source: http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/top-flight-talk/sign_of_the_times_as_norwich_city_boss_rings_the_changes_1_1024548; http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1202730244942/noticia/Noticia/Valter_di_Salvo.htm)

Archived