Full FM12 runs very smoothly on iPad 1

Hi Guys,

Bought splashtop app for iPad (on sale now) and connected it to my iMac (Lion) and installed latest splashtop remote app on it.

FM runs perfectly (full screen mode only because windowed would render it too laggy).

Just imagine in an iPad 2 for it's faster processor for an even smoother full FM12 tablet experience...

I can now play Fm12 in the toilet or when i'm seated beside my wife, away from the computer! Brilliant!

Works for windows/android phone or tablet, windows/iPad or iPhone or iPod (would be difficult on the small screens though). MAC/android phone or tablet.

I've only tried the iMac (Lion)/iPad1 combination though.

Cheers!

You can scroll those tiny scroll bars easily, allocation positions easily, right click and even keyboard short cuts. It is very very smooth. You can like tweak the splash program for a very sharp resolution and get baggy response (am using an almost two year old iPad tbf) or you can choose for smooth, butter smooth response and the graphics just suffer a tiny bit.

Really amazing. Nothing is frustrating me at the moment. Kinda felt like fm12 is made for this app combination!

Ok I have followed instructions and my ipad cant find my computer on my local network. Any guesses as to what I am doing wrong?

Are they on the same wifi network?

Did you enter correct password for both your iPad and on your desktop? You need to install splashtop remote (free) onto your desktop.

The splashtop app ($2.99) on iPad needs to use splashtop remote (free) to communicate and stream your desktop onto iPad. Then, ur FM12 would run on full screen after you have set it up right.

FM12 on full screen = best FM experience on the iPad.

One little drawback is, once you exit splashtop on your iPad, it closes your splashtop but a quick reconnect takes just seconds. Not sure if multi tasking is better on android tablets. I would suppose so though. Never owned an android tablet before.

Oh... I just comfigured splashtop on ipad to run best graphic. Very sharp fonts! You can just pinch to zoom in as well but i've not needed to zoom in to read anything on the native iPad resolution

You wud suffer lag during a match when the match engine is gng though

Short summary:

FM12 runs smoothly (even in high and detail graphics set on splashtop, except during match engine where you have to lower graphics of splashtop for smooth transition in a match. 3D highest detail set on my copy of FM12) on iPad1 (iOS 5). US$2.99 (on sale atm, usual price on app store, US$4.99).

Need your windows/MAC based desktop to install the free splashtop remote.

Desktop and tablet need to be on same WiFi network. Seperate network (through a google account) in beta (not tested, not planning to).

Don't bother trying on iPod, iPhone or Andoid phones. Processor might be issue + terribly small screen.

Excited to see how this works on iPad2. Anyone?

does it have to be on full screen mode on my laptop ? and can someone else use my laptop im guessing not as that would mean that what ever else is done on the laptop will appear on my ipad?

Splashtop is secure + laptop/desktop must be in same LAN/WiFi network (say, your home) + no complaints of being hacked atm or it would be big news in the app store world and apple would have taken splashtop off app store.

FM12 goes into full screen when i activate it on iPad and once i exit it, it goes back to my prev setting on my desktop.

May i add;

Full graphic setting in splashtop on iPad is a tiny bit slower in terms of game processing and response but still very smooth.

Apologies, full graphic setting = poorer game response. Would prefer less graphics for butter smooth experience.

May i add;

Full graphic setting in splashtop on iPad is a tiny bit slower in terms of game processing and response but still very smooth.

Apologies, full graphic setting = poorer game response. Would prefer less graphics for butter smooth experience.

Best part is, to switch from full graphic to poorer graphic is just a two finger tab + selection when u r running the app. Easy.

couldnt you just log into steam and click play on your tablet ?

What?! I can do that through steam??? I never knew.. Just thought i had. Bought splashtop for iPad much earlier.. And FM12 came out.. So just thought of trying. Just never knew steam could do that!

no becasue the game has to be installed on a device ... and you cant download steam on the ipad... i just tried

its good and fast on ipad 2

That is what i thought so too. You can't click on steam on iPad (even jailbroke ipad + steam wun hv such an app amyway) and play full FM12 on an iPad. If so, what is the point of FM handheld..

Question regarding iPad 2 - even if full graphic detail set in splashtop on ur iPad2, still smooth? Not an impt factor. I am just curious.

You're not actually running the game on the tablet, you're running the game on your desktop machine. As such the tablet's processor isn't doing the work, all it's doing is displaying what the desktop tells it to display, and relays your input back.

That is what i thought so too. You can't click on steam on iPad (even jailbroke ipad + steam wun hv such an app amyway) and play full FM12 on an iPad. If so, what is the point of FM handheld..

Question regarding iPad 2 - even if full graphic detail set in splashtop on ur iPad2, still smooth? Not an impt factor. I am just curious.

fairly smooth.. i need tog et used to the mouse on it but apart from that not too bad..

You're not actually running the game on the tablet, you're running the game on your desktop machine. As such the tablet's processor isn't doing the work, all it's doing is displaying what the desktop tells it to display, and relays your input back.

Tablet processor is doing the work to run splashtop. Faster processor (iPad2 over iPad1) = smoother representation of your desktop and therefore, game gotta run on an able machine + tablet on a faster processor gives you a better experience on the tablet.. It works great on a 'slow' iPad 1 nontheless :)

fairly smooth.. i need tog et used to the mouse on it but apart from that not too bad..

Yeah.. Especially the right clicks. Sometimes i miss executing the right clicks when changing player's position and when selecting the subs so resorted to clicking them the skow way.

*grabs the car key

Gonna get an iPad2 now.

Doesn't seem to work on full screen here, and the game won't start windowed :(

edit: fixed, works, any way to make sure my pc's resolution doesn't automatically go down once I connect?

Edit2: really smooth on iPad 2!

You can do that by going into the advanced setting of your iPad 2 (damn i envy you) inside splashtop. When you see your desktop/laptop, don't connect first. click on the blue arrow and you should see advanced setting. tap it and you can choose from;

800 x 600

1024 x 768 iPad best fit (which is what i use)

Use computer's native display setting (Which I find it difficult to use since I am on a 27" iMac)

There you go.Your PC's native display setting (I didn't say resolution because your iPad 2's resolution is fixed)

Hope it helps.

Yes yes am happy to share this! I have yet to try this though, since they allow remote login. I leave my Mac on at home, and I am out with my iPad.

Wonder if it will work with 3G connection on my tablet and link back home??

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. And SI probably won't be too happy with the handheld version in development.

Archived