why no ingame advertising?

just a thought seeing as plenty of other companies are taking to this?

why dont SI sell the advertising hoardings around the pitch ?

I fully expect a lot of hate from people on the forum who wont like the idea. but its better in a number of ways

firstly, it would be more realistic. i fully expect to see different adverts at different grounds not the same warchild/FMH/Sega banners/Si/Just giving at every single ground i play in

Si could make a small amount of money from this. now i suspect this would end up buying the si/sega shareholders some nice things but it would be good if they could invest the money from advertising into the game in some way. maybe use the advertising money to give us more updates etc

Now the game is fully through steam alone it would be easy enough to sell the adverts on a monthly/quarterly basis as the updates would be forced on everyone thus guaranteeing the advertisers exposure. Could even make the ads club specific

its a quirky and targeted form of advertising (ie each club has its own ads for their home grounds. it might not make much if any money but it would be nice to see local companies i recognise, sponsoring my local team :) and if Si cn make a few quid then thats not a bad thing either

FML (RIP) had a few- I remember seeing Watchmen ads when the movie was coming up to release, and I think Just-Eat had some there, too.

Thing is, even fake hoardings would be more realistic than the current situation, since there's so little variation in the FM ads. Hell, even other SEGA games would be an improvement.

indeed have had a look at the adboard patch listed above and it looks great although dont know if it would be ok with 12.

But surely theres plenty of companies who would pay a few quid for an ad in fm even if SI were to stick all the profit made from adverts to a good charitable cause or something?

FM09's hoardings have all changed too... I can't see to what from my current camera angle but every hoarding is the same, all around the pitch but I can't take a screenshot of the pitch in '09 like I can in '11.. weird, even print screen only gives me a snapshot of my desktop...

but I remember Ford and Domino's in FM11 too :thup:

Archived