19 year old, no champs lge

I didn't register Jenkinson for CL since he is only 19, said player under 20 at 01.01.11 didn't need to be registered to play. But he can't play, why?

What am I missing? Frimpong can play and I didn't reg him. Didn't want to post this in bug forum yet incase I missed something.

But if its a bug, a mod can move it to bugs section.

How long has the player been at the club for? I think I'm right in saying that even if the player is under 20 on 01/01/11, if he hasnt been at the club for a certain time (two years I think), he's not automatically eligible to play in European games (you have to register him in your European squad like you would with your senior players).

How long has the player been at the club for? I think I'm right in saying that even if the player is under 20 on 01/01/11, if he hasnt been at the club for two years, he cant play in the CL (unless of course you register him in the squad like you would with players over 21).

That is correct the play has to have been at the club for 2 consecutive years. If he is loaned out then he isn't eligible unless manually registered. For example Kyle Walker for Tottenham had to be register because he was on loan at Villa last season.

There should be an extra line stating this in the Squad Registration screen, if your unsure of any youngster whilst selecting your squad just keep an eye on the number when you pick them.

Archived