Media handling/responding to comments is terrible

I'm really enjoying the FM2012 demo but one area which stands out as plainly terrible is the way you respond to comments from other managers.

They will comment on your next match but there is no way you can comment on the match yourself, and can only choose from a selection of stock replies like "you don't think he is the right man for the job" and other completely irrelevant statements. Also the way you are asked -every single time- what you think of the opposing manager, does it really make a difference if I "assertively" say I don't think much of him or if I "calmly" say it?

The whole thing is incredibly formulaic and repetitive and always ends with your comment, there are no back and forths and no obvious repercussions based on what you say. Worst feature by far for me and to be honest I just decline to comment when I see those messages come up.

It's like all the media handling. There is a realistic way to do it, or there is the games "right" way to do it. Antagonising other managers has no benefit whatsoever, but making friends with them makes it easier to buy their players.

I agree that it's certainly something that needs an overhaul. There's no benefit in responding negatively to another manager so I don't really know why it's in there either.

I like being able to attempt to make friends with other managers because as VonBlade said, it helps with offers for that managers players, but the whole system is indeed a bit awkward.

I think a lot of the interaction is far better now, especially with the moods, but this is an area that's been neglected. I never enter into mindgames with other managers in my first season anyway due to my lack of experience, but later on once I've made a name for myself I'd like to, but I think it better to dip out altogether with the way it is.

Tones would be fine if they were always available. As the manager of Spurs (of course) I got a news item saying Wenger was under pressure. Delighting at the chance to stick the boot in I went to comment, only to find out that the "bwahaha he sucks" options were greyed-out and my only choices were saying how they should stick by him/he's awesome.

I went to comment, only to find out that the "bwahaha he sucks" options were greyed-out and my only choices were saying how they should stick by him/he's awesome.

Yeah, I noticed that in FM11. Why have the options if they're greyed out for the majority of time? It's not as if they're irrelevant to the situation.

Archived