FM 2012 demo won't work, please help!

Verify cache? just in case something went missing.

Just tried that now, still not working unfortunately. When i click on play game a message comes up stating 'do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer' with the file origin being 'hard drive on this computer.' I click on allow but the game doesnt start up. A problem with my hard drive maybe?

I, too, have the same problem.

Downloaded the demo, launching it caused the crash error. Verified the game-files and tried again. Crash error. I deleted the FM.exe from the appropriate folder, verified the files, defragmented the cache files. Crash error. I deleted the game, reinstalled. Got crash error. I fully deleted the game + steam, reinstalled both things and STILL got the crash error.

I have tried every imaginable combination of compatability, running as administrator and so on, to no avail. Tried with my anti-virus and firewall completely turned off too. Still no success.

Does anyone have any kind of idea as to what it could be?

Actually I do have Bitdefender. I've added both the FM.exe and the whole steam folder to the exclusions list, but still no luck.

Thanks for the quick help though. Are the any other information I can supply with that would help the problemsolving?

Could you just double check the exclusion you've set-up in BitDefender please, the steps in the link I gave were ever so slightly wrong (updated now).

Navigate to Antivirus -> Advanced Settings -> Exclusions and add the FM.exe there.

The FM.exe can be found at C: Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> football manager 2012 demo

just posted this on another thread....

sounds similar to a problem I had (and still do really)

try opening the game through STEAM - i.e go into the main STEAM interface go to game library FM2012 demo then click play.

My game crashes to desktop before it gets to the menu if i try and open it through the desktop shortcut or C: program files> steam> apps >common >fm.exe anything other than STEAM - worth a try...

Archived