Help with Steam??

I have now created two accounts with steam using two different email adressess.

On both occasions I have been able to sign in on their webite after validating my account.

However i can't log-in to the client.

The error displayed is a sign in error and this directs me to a link on their site telling me that i am logged in on another PC, which is not the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

sorry mate, i can't help you.

and i do feel your pain, i've been there (not with this specific problem). it's s--t.

they call it progress, and no steam lover has yet convinced me it's an improvement on buying a disc, installing it, playing it from way back.

SI's complete lack of acknowledgement (the marketing suits won't let them) that steam causes added problems that weren't there before steam came along would be funny if it wasn't so frustrating

They offer support... but not for the problem i am having.... hence why i wrote "no support on their website for this"

Seriously? Please pay attention.

I just linked you to their support page. Create a Steam Support account at that link, then when you have go back to it and you'll get a nice BIG text box where you can type in the problem you're having and then someone will get in touch to help you fix it.

I have now created two accounts with steam using two different email adressess.

On both occasions I have been able to sign in on their webite after validating my account.

However i can't log-in to the client.

The error displayed is a sign in error and this directs me to a link on their site telling me that i am logged in on another PC, which is not the case.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

When you see that you get an email with the code which you have to enter and "authorize" your PC (in your case client).

Seriously? Please pay attention.

I just linked you to their support page. Create a Steam Support account at that link, then when you have go back to it and you'll get a nice BIG text box where you can type in the problem you're having and then someone will get in touch to help you fix it.

Yes I have done that and in the mean time I came here to see if anyone could help as i will be waiting a while for them to get back to me.

But there is no help in their faqs which relate my problem.

I also have little confidense in them when the error messages i get when trying to log in to the client and when directed to their website differ. Which should i trust?

When you see that you get an email with the code which you have to enter and "authorize" your PC (in your case client).

I got an email for account confirmation where i had to click on a link to validate my email. This worked and i was able to log in on the website. I then got anither email to confirm that i had done this. I then installed the software and am unable to log in.

What I had done wrong was that I had installed the software first and then followed the create new user form directly through the client.

Doing this I got no confirmation email or anything.

I then tried to log in to the client and got an error message saying details incorect. When I clicked on this error it took me to the website. After a bit of searching I tried to register directly on the website. This worked ok and I got an email asking me to validate which I did. However, I still couldn't log in to the client.

After a (not so) mini hissy fit I eventually worked out that I had only created a 'help' account and not an actual steam user account because i was in the help section of the site.

So I went to the home page and clicked the 'login' next to the install icon in the top right, registered, validated via email and then was able to log in!!

So partly my fault for being over eager and partly steam for being confusing. Not sure why the registration through the client didnt work in the first place though.

Hope this helps Chris

Haha yes it did - thanks a lot for the info

I'm with you about it being confusing though - if you download the client and set up an account and password through that, then any normal person would expect that to work given that that is an option presented to you by Steam!!

Registered instead through the website using a different name/e-mail and it has worked.

Thanks again

Archived