Release date in Australia/New Zealand?

The last couple of years we have been lucky enough down under to get FM on the same release date as most of the rest of the world. My local retailers in NZ tell me they are having to import the game and so will only be able to sell from the 28th, not the 21st.

Can we please have confirmation of FM12's release date worldwide, and also why NZ is having to import the game rather than having a local distirbutor?

Also, if indeed we have to wait a week, can we purchase on Steam worldwide on the 21st? Having not bought a game through Steam before I'm not sure of their international restrictions, etc, so some confirmation would be nice!

I have taken the day off work on the 21st to play the latest version of my favourite ever game, so even if I can't buy a boxed copy on that date, it would be nice to know that Steam will provide...

Thanks!

Ant

well looks like NZ gets to release the game 1 week after everywhere else.

looks like you may need to purchase it on steam or 365games.co.uk

either that or some other UK online games shop, just make sure they deliver to NZ

The last couple of years we have been lucky enough down under to get FM on the same release date as most of the rest of the world. My local retailers in NZ tell me they are having to import the game and so will only be able to sell from the 28th, not the 21st.

Can we please have confirmation of FM12's release date worldwide, and also why NZ is having to import the game rather than having a local distirbutor?

Also, if indeed we have to wait a week, can we purchase on Steam worldwide on the 21st? Having not bought a game through Steam before I'm not sure of their international restrictions, etc, so some confirmation would be nice!

I have taken the day off work on the 21st to play the latest version of my favourite ever game, so even if I can't buy a boxed copy on that date, it would be nice to know that Steam will provide...

Thanks!

Ant

Im from NZ and I have ordered from www.gameplay.co.uk about 4 times and it always arrives about a week after UK release. From now on I will use Steam though as you can get it on release day. I downloaded from Steam for FM2011 and it was fine. Don't waste your time with NZ game retailers. They charge $110 for a game that you can get via Steam on realease day for less than $50.

As above use Steam, I have the last three years, costs $40-50NZ instead of $110...

NZ Game Retailers can go stick it, games out a week late at twice the price...I'd rather go with an online retailer who will ship it, or use Steam, especially with the current exchange rates.

Also with FM10 the EB here in Wellington Central let me Pre-order, telling me release was same as worldwide, then a week before they sent me an email detailing that the date would be a week later than that, then on the weekend of release sent me another one saying they had "6" Pre-orders, but only 3 copies arriving...Ummm Are you kidding me, that drove me to Steam and I haven't looked back.

Archived