Transfer cash

Okay, I have recently taken over Arsenal and have been hit by Aaron Ramsey wanting away from the club to further his career...obviously flattered by the recent intrest shown from Barcelona.

I have indentified 2 possible replacements in the form of Eden Hazard or Javier Pastore and from scouting reports I reckon I'll get Hazard for around 25mill or a little higher and Pastore for 30mill or a little higher.

Now....I will only be looking to sell Ramsey for close to those fees stated above to recoup funds for the replacements. I do know by other posts here and by experience that the AI barely goes higher than the current value of the player.

Soooo.....Has anyone ever had bids come in that are a lot higher than their current value ?

P.s Last season I was promoted to the prem with Barnsley and this is the first quality team I have managed in this save so don't have much dealings with large transfer fees on this save.

Thanks guys :)

You can get higher offers for your players, What I usually do is wait for them to enquire for the player, then say an amount a little bit more than what you would accept, and the teams that have the money (Barcelona will do) will offer that amount or a little bit less.

Whilst, I don't recommend doing it due to the financial troubles clubs can be put under from doing this. If you were to receive £12m for example, you could then use the monthly installments method of payment in order to try and sign Pastore/Hazard and a centre back. There are a number of monthly installment methods in which you can pay and they range from 6 months to 48 months. Should you decide to use the 48 month method you could in theory spend four times your transfer budget. So the £12m would become £48m. A big club like Arsenal should be able to afford this method of transfer approach as long as it's used wisely. It would put more pressure on you in the cups and competitions as you will have to pay a fee each month.

Some people see this method as a way of cheating/unfairness as it's quite easy to build a good squad with £15m ish.

I sold Ramsey for around £25 million with Crewe but that was in the 6th season. You should try and keep him I sold him and with Valencia he has averaged jist over 8 for the last seasons.

Best thing to do is offer him out for around £30 million and see who offers, might get more if you offer him out with monthly payments. Don't forget to add a sell on as well.

Thanks guys, I will certainly try to keep hold of him but I am a keen believer of not having unhappy guys at my club so I'll set a price on him and see if I can get any offers for as much as I can get. Shame really as he has been trained at the club and wouldn't want to lose him due to that, but if he ain't happy then best cash i can get seems the option to go by.

I've never really dabbled in the old monthly payments option but it could be worth taking a look to bring in that CB. I'll just need to make sure and deliver when it comes to silverware but hey....don't we all thrive on the pressure !! :D

Bendtner valued at 3.8mil (2 years into a 4 year contract, off of a free, 7.45 average rating), sold to Juventus for 11.5mil.

I'd guess it would be down to the contract (length, value), form, squad status, if they are transfer-listed and the players happiness. As I'd imagine that a player wanting to leave would dramatically lower your ability to negotiate a high price for him as your under pressure to sell.

You also got to be careful selling players with only 1 year left on their contract, as I find a lot of the time clubs will only give you what hes valued at, as you pretty much have to take it or let him go on a free next season situation. If I plan on eventually selling (or knowing I won't be able to hold on to) a player, I'll check the waters for a price with 2 years remaining, still gives you room to negotiate a good value and plan ahead. If hes in good form you could look at getting 3 times the value (average I look for when selling).

Archived