First press conference: What would you say is your tactical approach to the game?

I searched but couldn't find the answer to this question. I want to know how does the answer to this question in your very first press conference affect the direction of your game? For e.g. if I choose "You don't get anywhere without solid foundation and my first priority will be to keep things tight at the back". (..or something like that) How will this affect -

- you players

- your staff

- AI tactics against you

I think the only thing it is likely to do is provide a short-term morale boost to players in attacking positions when you talk about attractive football, or to players in defensive positions when you talk about defence-first approaches, and maybe vice-versa.

I'm pretty sure that's right. I always say I'll be playing attractive football - a blatant lie - and only ever got one bad reaction when I had a low-flair team.

I have noticed in my post match team talks, my assistance manager is more generous and often suggests 'Good effort' or 'Pleased' if my team has put in good defensive performances (even if I lose by say 0-1). Whereas in my previous games, when I didn't chose 'solid foundation' at the start, the same ass man would suggest 'Disappointing' for the same scoreline and effort.

Archived