Best way to deal with training?

I don't know abotu anybody else, but training is the one thing I hate about this game. I find it difficult to use and don't enjoy the process.

My question is: How often do I need to pay attention to training, how do I know what players to assign to different training? What do I put the workload at?

Do I need to change players training during pre-season, throughout the year? This is the one thing stopping me from enjoying the game. I've downloaded Tugs Training. Is their any better ones?

How do I track playrs progress?

How differently do I treat youngsters (16-18), 18-24 year olds, 25-29 and 30+ ? How do Develop these youngsters.. :S

Ok, all I do is leave the training to my Assistant and he gives monthly reports on who's doing well/not well, never done it myself so I can't tell you about the rest.

Ok thanks for that. So your assistant deals with First Team, Reserves and Under 18 Players? And sends you monthly reprots via inbox on how everyone is doing?

1. Does he sort out things like youngsters when they move to the first team and sorting out new players when they are transferred in? What about when thet return from loans?

2. What info do you get in the reports?

For older players that have reached their PA i use the generic training schedules (defenders,midfielders,forwards) but for the players that are still developing i make individual training schedules to try to "shape" them the way i want them to be, it can be a lot of trouble but in my opinion is worth it.

For youth players i generally use generic position schedules as well as i find they only really start developing once they are under a professional contract.

I set up training for each position (GKs, full backs, DCs, DMs, AMs, wingers and strikers) and simply assign new signings or academy graduates to a position. Give players training in attributes you think are important for that position, but don't give any players "heavy" strength training or they'll be much more likely to get injured. I generally have workloads at the high end of medium. You don't really need to do any more than that, not in the mainstream training at least, although some people like to stagger by age, and other people like to have different schedueles for different times of the year.

There are a few things you can do to check player progress. Firstly, read the assistant's monthly reports on who has trained well. Secondly, when viewing a player's attrobutes, click on "show recent attribute changes" in the drop down menu above physical attributes. Finally, you might enjoy looking at the graphs which show player progression. I think these are under the training tab when you click on attributes.

Remember to set individual training focuses if you think a player has a specific weakness (you staff should suggest possible things to work on in Backroom Advice), and PPM training if you want a player doing a certain thing.

I set up training for each position (GKs, full backs, DCs, DMs, AMs, wingers and strikers) and simply assign new signings or academy graduates to a position. Give players training in attributes you think are important for that position, but don't give any players "heavy" strength training or they'll be much more likely to get injured. I generally have workloads at the high end of medium. You don't really need to do any more than that, not in the mainstream training at least, although some people like to stagger by age, and other people like to have different schedueles for different times of the year.

There are a few things you can do to check player progress. Firstly, read the assistant's monthly reports on who has trained well. Secondly, when viewing a player's attrobutes, click on "show recent attribute changes" in the drop down menu above physical attributes. Finally, you might enjoy looking at the graphs which show player progression. I think these are under the training tab when you click on attributes.

Remember to set individual training focuses if you think a player has a specific weakness (you staff should suggest possible things to work on in Backroom Advice), and PPM training if you want a player doing a certain thing.

I'm playing on FM10 and can't find the show recent attribute changes.. :S

I'm playing on FM10 and can't find the show recent attribute changes.. :S

I make my own schedules for GK, Def, Mid, Att and bung the players into the respective categories regardless of their squad status. The Youth players just get set automatically to the General categories until they are old enough. I like to set the level between Heavy & Very Heavy so they can (theoretically at least) train hard and so get a bit better.

On the monthly reports, I tell people off who haven't been performing well.

Also try and just allocate 1 coach per category to get his maximum star value.

I create my own training schedules relative to the tactics I use, specific to the position they play. In addition to that I create individual schedules for virtually all of my young (<24) players. I base the positional schedules on the attributes required to play that position as the TC defines them and the FM10 weightings as I don't know 11's.

It means that the training schedules and the tactics I use are in sync with each other; they're also dependant on each other to a certain extent too as each positional schedule's aim is to maximise the players' required attributes to play in a particular position in a specific formation. How successful I am with the schedules/tactics is debatable though I like to believe that it makes some difference at least.

Archived