Favourite clubs for newgens.

I really think that newgens should sometimes.. Or even, often, have some clubs in their favourites. And not just the club they were raised in.. It could be a club from their home town, or just some famous one. If a kid is starting his career in a club from a country that doesn't have football on a high level.. Well I'm sure such kid could possibly have a favourite famous club like , just for example, Liverpool, and a favourite player, like for example, Steven Gerrard, hoping to become just like him in the future. Or maybe sometimes even they could have a favourite club that is less famous but just happened to like them for some reason. Southampton plays in championship, they played in league one earlier, but I keep supporting them and having them as one of my favourite clubs just beacause fellow polish Grzegorz Rasiak played there for good few years. But I'm just theorising now really.. I mean.. I don't care what formula would make newgens have favourite club or clubs at the beggining. But I just think it's a bit unrealistic at how it is now when they don't like any club unless they spend some time in one, having a good time. What all of you guys think? I think it's something that needs fixging for FM 2012...

I like the point you've made. I've never seen a brand-new regen with a favourite club any other than my own (Peterborough).

Having said that - it's only a visual treat!! Doesn't matter much to the game. But would be nice to see, certainly.

I like the point you've made. I've never seen a brand-new regen with a favourite club any other than my own (Peterborough).

Having said that - it's only a visual treat!! Doesn't matter much to the game. But would be nice to see, certainly.

It matters somewhat. Since if some random regen would have your club as one of his favourites, it would be easier for you to sign a contract with him. :)

So let's say a great talent is born in.. For example, Bulgaria. At age of 19 he is the best scorer of the league. And many clubs are interested in him, but he always supported Manchester United. Wouldn't it make easier for Man Utd to make him choose them over another team? :)

It matters somewhat. Since if some random regen would have your club as one of his favourites, it would be easier for you to sign a contract with him. :)

So let's say a great talent is born in.. For example, Bulgaria. At age of 19 he is the best scorer of the league. And many clubs are interested in him, but he always supported Manchester United. Wouldn't it make easier for Man Utd to make him choose them over another team? :)

It should be easy anyway for Man United - there aren't many bigger clubs than that.

Speaking for my own game, I would imagine it's very rare to hear a great Bulgarian talent say "I've always been a big Peterborough fan."

Generally players will follow the money, these mercenaries will play for the richest and more successful.

I think it's a good idea. Everybody has a favourite club when they are young, whether it be their hometown club or the best team in the land when they are at school if they are glory hunters, or a big team from another land if they are from a country who aren't huge in football terms.

erm... am I missing something? I'm pretty sure this is already in the game...

I can even provide some examples of regens with favoured clubs...

2vxozeg.png

23wtwzp.png

23k5j53.png

for some strange reason I don't have a profile/attributes screenshot of Hamilton but I do have his career history so you can see he's a regen too

9q93kg.png

erm... am I missing something? I'm pretty sure this is already in the game...

I can even provide some examples of regens with favoured clubs...

The clubs you've listed are the clubs they play for.

If you read all the previous messages again, you'll notice that the topic refers to having a favourite team or player that doesn't neccessarily relate to the club who employs you.

Perhaps Daniel Hamilton is a big Arsenal fan. The game does not reflect this. Instead he is simply noted as having Weston-super-Mare as his favourite club. No offense to The Seagulls - but this isn't very likely.

Same with Richard Cresswell - from Canvey Island. Lifelong Wolves fan? Doubt it...

Archived