suggestion: player auctions

good idea?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. good idea?

• yes
    • no

i did a quick search, and nothing came up, although i'm not a massive regular of these boards so please excuse if this has come up before.

i've just offered a player -spas delev - for sale to a number of clubs for a small fee. a number of prominent europa league clubs were interested for the same fee. i think it would be a good feature to then offer to let the interested clubs bid on the player in an auction, seeing as low supply and high demand equals higher prices, and not completely at the whim of the player's choice.

i think it would be a small but realistic option to implement, when presented with the right amount of interest.

thanks

i read it was happening with a brazillian player at the moment who was attracting the interest of several european clubs.

I find it hard to believe there is going to be an actual "auction" for him. I would imagine it just to be a figure of speech, not to be taken literally.

What happens if the player doesn't want to sign for the top bidder?

If he really doesn't want to (i.e. he'd rather stay at his current club), then he won't go there, but how often do players not move to a club once they have a bid accepted for them?

It would be good if some stubborn players held out for a move to their dream club, and if some dream clubs knew they could afford to offer a bit less.

I do like this idea though. A little bit more intelligence from AI clubs would go a long way- you make it public you've rejected a bid of £18m from Arsenal, Chelsea come in with a bid of £25m, you reluctantly accept it, then Man City come in with a bid of £30m, you tell Chelsea they're no longer allowed to talk to the player and accept City's bid- that would be much better than the current system.

If he really doesn't want to (i.e. he'd rather stay at his current club), then he won't go there, but how often do players not move to a club once they have a bid accepted for them?

Yes I should have made it clearer, I meant you would be left in the lurch if the player refused a contract from the top bidder.

I do like this idea though. A little bit more intelligence from AI clubs would go a long way- you make it public you've rejected a bid of £18m from Arsenal, Chelsea come in with a bid of £25m, you reluctantly accept it, then Man City come in with a bid of £30m, you tell Chelsea they're no longer allowed to talk to the player and accept City's bid- that would be much better than the current system.

This would be handy. :thup:

Archived