Regens from youth team

Hi, i've recently noticed a rather large amount of youngsters coming through my youth team. 8 to be exact in 1 season. Never have I even had 8 come through in an entire career let alone in one season. I usually get 2 every 4 years if I am lucky. So my question is does the youth policy attribute affect this, because in my other careers I have never bothered with it and generally signed experienced (none-youth) players and the attribute was low. In my current career I have a high Youth Policy att' , so it seems it may have an effect on it.

Ah! My favourite subject at the moment!! I find it's linked to how many players you have in your first team squad. If you only have a few then you'll get more youth players. If you have a lot (20+) then you'll get very few.

If you relegate any youth players you get to the reserves between July and September you will also keep getting more.

I had 39 contracted players when loads kept being promoted.
Strange. Is that all in your first team squad or some in the reserves?I started with no players and got 18 youth players in the first season. Had all 18 players in my first team in the second season and got two youth players. 20 players in my first team in the third and got another 2 youths. Fourth season I stuck 6 in my reserves leaving 16 in my first team. I relegated any youth players I got to the reserves and probably ended up gettin about 18 youth players through. Still didn't get a damn keeper though!!

I didn't find any correlation between the ages of my players and the numbers of youth team people coming through, nor the size of the squad. In fact, I got most players coming through when I had a huge squad. The only correlation i could point to was that as my seasons went on, I improved the stadium constantly, the club got richer and I improved the training facilities. THen I started getting loads through. Most had no potential to make my world-class team so I'd throw them out on the street immediately, and inevitably the next week another would be promoted.

Hi Guys

I have always around 60 players under contract in first and reserve and I get every season 7-10 youth players. However, based on less talent for the most of them I release 80% straight after promotion.

I guess it has something to do with the rating of your youth policy. My one is always very high.

Oliver

been getting a few of late - no idea why

That has been covered above. I have proof that it is random and not the amount of players that you have in your first team because when I was playing as Tottenham I was in my 7th season and I had 29 players in my squad when I got Peter Crouch's regen, Robert Earnshaw's regen, Rio Ferdinand' regen and Phil Jagielka's regen all at once.

It has been confirmed before by SI that the number of players in your first team does count.

If you have almost no players, the game will give you a team to play with.

Of course, there is always the odd possibility that the game gives you many youth reasons.

Got to be lucky sometimes ;)

Archived