Scout Reports and Star Ratings

Hi all,

I know that when your scouts give you a scout report on a potential signing the star rating they give the player reflects how they compare to the best player in your team for that position. However, I wanted to know what each number of stars actually means. Eg. does 4 stars mean better than your current player, and 3 1/2 stars mean equal to your player? Or is it rather 3 1/2 stars means better than your player, and 3 stars means equal to your player? So far I have only seen people say that the higher the number of stars, the more chance they will get into your first team. I wanted a bit more accuracy, can anyone help?

For my team which is now one of the powerhouses in European football this is how it works.

2 1/2 Stars Not quite as good as my players (Good Premier League Player)

3 Stars - As good as my players (Leading Premier League Player)

3 1/2 Stars - Just better than my players (Leading Premier League Player)

4 Stars - Better than my player I.e Wonderkids (Leading Premier League Player)

For my team which is now one of the powerhouses in European football this is how it works.

2 1/2 Stars Not quite as good as my players (Good Premier League Player)

3 Stars - As good as my players (Leading Premier League Player)

3 1/2 Stars - Just better than my players (Leading Premier League Player)

4 Stars - Better than my player I.e Wonderkids (Leading Premier League Player)

Note that 3 stars could be both Good PL player and Leading PL player, so there could be a difference between players (in terms of CA/PA) even though they have the same star rating.

cheers for your responses guys. Stevie, im not sure its quite as simple as you put because if your scouts find a player with 4 star rating it means he will probably be better than your best player for that position, even if your best player has a star rating of 4 1/2 in a coach report. City i think you are bang on with what each star means (i was thinking the same but wanted confirmation). Also, Biggus i think you are right too, 2 players with the same star rating can actually be fairly wide apart in ability (ie. on each end of the limit for what counts as within a certain star level). But as a general idea of what the stars represent i think this is exactly right. thanks!

cheers for your responses guys. Stevie, im not sure its quite as simple as you put because if your scouts find a player with 4 star rating it means he will probably be better than your best player for that position, even if your best player has a star rating of 4 1/2 in a coach report. City i think you are bang on with what each star means (i was thinking the same but wanted confirmation). Also, Biggus i think you are right too, 2 players with the same star rating can actually be fairly wide apart in ability (ie. on each end of the limit for what counts as within a certain star level). But as a general idea of what the stars represent i think this is exactly right. thanks!

I think Stevie's post has good merit. The scout report will also compare him to your best player withi the report. Its often better to read the report to understand all aspects rather than making an overall decision just based on stars. Its a bit more complicated than that IMHO

I take it all back stevie and mrpompey you are right. i thought that 4 star scout report literally just stood for 'better than your player' and 3 star stood for 'same as your player' but of course they dont. Rather, the star ratings reflect a players actual ability and these can then of course change depending on how the scouted player compares to your best player for that position in your team. so whilst the star ratings take into account whether the player will improve your team, they still correspnd to the players ability rather than just a simple symbol standing for better, same or worse than your current player. i was a bit confused. therefore, you are right - more stars than what you already have = better player.

Archived