Cardiff City Fc:The official team and discussion thread!

hi

the meaning of this thread is about cardiff city football club,please post your managing experience with them your squad,screenshots etc player hints tips,tactics players who to buy and sell! even staff results!So here we go!

Cardiff city fc

-----------------------------

founded:1899

stadium:ninian park

capitacy:21,000

biggest win:enfield 8-0.home

biggets loss:0-9 to preston(away) 2-11 to sheff u away.

Best winrobably beating real madrid 1-0 1971

honours:

Level 1 (Premier League, Premiership, Premier League, First Division, Football League) Runners-up 1923/1924

Level 2 (Championship, League Division One, Second Division) Runners-up 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1959/1960

Level 3 (League One, League Division Two, Third Division, Third Division) Runners-up 1975/1976, 1982/1983

Level 3 (Third Division (South)) Champions 1946/1947

Level 4 (League Two, League Division Three, Fourth Division) Champions 1992/1993

Runners-up 1987/1988, 2000/200

promotion via play offs 2003/4,beating qpr 1-0 AET to reach championship.

Fa cup:

won in 1927 lost to sheffield united beat arsenal in final in 1927

Thats some history

Fact:we are the only team to take the fa cup out of england!

Football manager:

Transfer budjet:1m-1.8 m

money(cash)around 400k+ at start

wage budjet:?sorry please could someone help me out here?

best player at start(coach report):Robbie fowler

Highest paid player:Robbie fowler-17,000

suggested signings:

--------------------------

torje-300k+ try say dedline tommorow or earlier because lots of teams come in

bogdan stancu-400k-+-good player same with torje

charles andre doudin 35k-good pace can go past people.

seth johnston christie and thompson all worth a look at -for free good players

eagles-always i mean always get him on loan he got 9/11 mom for me and on evry game from champ and lower

Delvechiio-hes a good player get him on trial first see how it goes your decision

Players to sell-Fowler 500k+due to his wages

Jason byrne-even though i actually played him in friendlys he was alright he just cant play at championship standard

One of the strikers-i know now but on version 8.01 this is only for that version this tip is get rid a couple of strikers as you could do better! and their value will go less and less so sell them while you can.

Ok the squad is:

Goalkeppers

---------------

Michael oakes

Josh magenniss(youth)

David forde

Josh Herring(youth)

Defenders

------------------

Darren purse

Glenn loovens

Roger johnston

Chris gunter(8.o1 and below)

Kevin mcnaughton

Tony Capaldi

Matt smith(youth)

Bradley Middleton(youth)

Joe ledley(lb and mid)

Darcy blake(hot prospect cna play defence and midfield_Hot prospect)

Adam acheyampong(youth)

Adam Mathews(youth)

Kyle edwards(youth)

Dean hudson(youth)

Ashely Buswell(youth)

Lee smith(youth)

James Bloom(youth)

Overall: Certaily have a lot of defenders(youth so i suggest you sign a experienced left back and centre back to keep solid)

Midfielders

------------------------

Stephen mcphail

Darcy blake(dm and defence or cm hot prospect again 1 of best youth players at team give him first team starts he will develop well)

Aaron Ramsey(So young so talented will become amazing i mean it what a player he will develop like blake if you play him along the years)

Peter Whittingham

Trevor Sinclair

Paul parry

Aaron Wildig(youth)

Jon brown(amrl plus a striker i think)

Gavin Rae

Riccardo Scimeca(injured at start)

Willo Flood(on loan to dundee)

Kevin cooper(sell him!hes just rubbish will never make the first team)

Rhys kellerher(youth)

Jack carlile(youth)

Paul gallagher(youth)

Zak Evans(youth)

Overall:Not as many youth options as defence but blake and ramsey could really develop midfield probably one of the best parts of the team,might wnat to sign a lone centre midfield as scimeca injured and rae sometimes so blake has to come in sometimes my advice is to play ramsey but mostly Blake in friendlys league cup and as much as you can always try keep them on your bench

Strikers

------------------------

Steven thompson(injured at start)

Robbie fowler

Jimmy floyd hasselbaink

Steven maclean(8.01 hes there 8.02 gone to plymouth)

Matt green(youth advice is to sned out on loan he was supposed to be a good player but he might not be cardiffs standard)

Jason Byrne(sell him!)

Craig mason(youth)

Sam wade(youth)

Rafeeq kaid(youth)

Tyrell webb(youth)

James Upcott(youth)

Overall

-------------

Id suggest seling some of your strikers,fowler certainly as he take swell too much money and club go really bad in financial status,webb looks like a pacy upcoming player,buy 1 or 2,stanu and doudin are good together overall 435k for both if you sign torje dont play him straight away include in friendlys and league cup etlike blake and ramsey, Hasselbaink seems ok but your decision,couple of youth players looking ok as cardiff are known for producing players like jerome and earnshaw.strikers really could save financicial problems!

Thats your squad ye si know i got this all off my football manager team,it took ages to remmeber them all.So here we are!! ive included reserves and u18 at the START of the game(this is version 8.01 ,ive tried including differences now and then!)

enjoy!

Travis wheatle(youth)

Warren Feeney(out on loan at swansea,havent tried him out you decide really)

poor stats yes they do i agree with lots of them

But they are very good if you get around 2-3 players which you need to cover, mainly goalkeeper you have a good, strong side, most of the team look bad but are brillianr, Rae 9/10 MOM gunters really good mcnaughton Loovens and Johnson has brilliant marking heading and tackling stats.

So get a few signings where there are weaknesses and the mostly the whole team(exept purse and oakes) are UNDERATED!

i am cardiff city and have now just reached the promise land i bought torje and dan gosling also loaned seb hines from boro and frazier campbell and bought andrew surman my team is below

gk-ross turnbull

dl-joe ledley

cb-seb hines

cd-glenn loovens

rb chris gunter.

cm-darcy blake/aaron ramsey

cm-dan gosling

amr-gabreil torje

amc-andre surman

aml-paul parry

fc-frazier campbell/fowler/hasslebank

just got to prem but after 6 games lost 4 won 1 and drew 1. sitting comfortably in 18th hehe

Originally posted by jackripper:

the only problem i feel with cardiff is selling players as no one offeres anything i am offering players for 0 to clubs and still no offers.

Really?

Normally if i lower the price i sell fowler for 500-700k and lots more players even Kevin Cooper and David Forde, even Jason Byrne!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Rhodrigibbons

been playing my game with the city for a while in 2015 and into uefa cup this time, i managed to gt stancu in first season and he is a god send also a cheeap winger to get at th start is lubos kalouda i think thts how i spell cost a few hundread k

Nice. When did you get promoted? Im aiming for first season but its tricky with such limited resources. Will enjoy the challenge of bringing some success to my home nation though icon_smile.gif

I've just about scraped enough money together to buy D.Escudero, if he can get a work-permit. Always liked him.

Right, after a good pre-season with wins over Marseille, 3-2 and a draw against CSKA Moswcow, 2-2.. im all set for my first league game in charge, at home to Norwich.

We'll line up as..

GK W.Hennesey (Loan)

DR C.Gunter (Loan)

DL T.Capaldi

DC R.Johnson

DC G.Loovens

MR P.Parry

ML P.Wittingham

MC J.Ledley

MC G.Rae

AM D.Escudero

ST C.Evans (Loan)

Game No.1 : Home to Norwich.

Cardiff City 2-0 Norwich (Anichebe 2) --> On for the injured Evans and bags himself a brace, great debut from the young lad.

Game No.2 : Home to Brighton, League Cup First Round.

Cardiff City 4-0 Brighton (Escudero 2, Loovens, Rae)

Yeh hopefully, although im putting faith in Ched Evans when i play one upfront. Mainly because he's Welsh!

I've signed a South African RB, looks a great prospect but he hasn't got a work-permit. Now, he just had his first senior cap for his country. Any ideas how many he'll need before i get a work-permit approved for him?

Just slumped to a 1-0 defeat away at Colchester, despite dominating for long periods.

However......

Cardiff 2-1 Sheffield United (Ched Evans 2) --> We battered the play-off hopefuls all over the pitch. Evans gets his first two goals!!

No idea mate, I think it's a more complex issue than just international caps, linked with repuation aswell as other things I believe. I've seen others posting about players with 30+ international caps who can't get permits because there from low ranking nations and have low reputations.

Best bet is to ask in General Discussion forum, someone in there will probably have a better, more accurate answer than me.

Just moved up to third after 11 games with my biggest win so far.

An incredible Saturday afternoon saw us demolish league leaders, West Brom, 5-0 (2 for Escudero, 2 for Wittingham and 1 for Ched Evans). We've cut their lead to 3 pts from second placed Bristol now, with us only 4 behind.

Just started with Cardiff. Are selling Hasselbank and Fowler and looking for two new strikers. Any ideas? Trying Fagan, Bridges, Davies(Olham). In my first friendly beat Chelteham 2-0. Defence is a rock, Loovens and Johnson rock. The midfield is good, espicially in the centre but a new winger is needed. Any ideas? Trying Barnslys Devaney. Up front i need 2 new strikers but i played Parry and a youth player up front for the match aginst Chelteham and Parry was awesome, scored twice! Youth players look good, Ramsey espicially.

FM07 and FM08 are very different.. on 08 i signed Escudero permanantly and Evans/Anichebe on loan .. who were the 3 main reasons we did as well as we did.

Due to a poor summer and stupid, unrealistic prices on players i've decided to give the save a rest for now.

• 3 months later...

Just get Frazier Campbell, on loan from United scored 39 in 47 games in championship to get me to the Prem, trying my utmost to get him on a permanant deal, no luck as of yet. Unreal player, buries everything that comes within 10 yards of him.

Archived