Sign players just to tutor

I am not very knowledgeable in how to tutor a youngster. Pretty much all I know is you want the tutors Determination to be higher and have a good personality. What I was wondering is if its a good idea to sign older players to exclusively tutor. Im not talking first teamers but more of having the tutor play mostly reserve matches and first team in emergency. What Im not sure of if the tutor has to be playing first team ball to be effective.

If you can afford it, 35+ year-olds with great mental stats, professional/driven/perfectionist personality and high reputation signed on 1-year contracts and Backup squad status are the best ways possible to tutor your youngsters as long as those seniors you already have won't cut it for some reason.

They normally demand reasonably low wages, and doesn't cost much if their base value is low.

I signed (amongst others) Patrick Evra, Yuri Zhirkov and Carlos Tevez in this way and they all contributed greatly to the development of several youngsters.

I have done this before. Very annoying when you find that they can't tutor the player you wanted them too. Not very realistic either.

Oh and the tutor has to have higher or the same squad status as the player you want to tutor. The pupil also inherits some of the tutors hidden stats and personality

Probably best to look in the tactics/training forum for tips on tutoring as theres quite a bit to it.

I find that I'm leaning towards potential tutors in my signings, i.e. if I'm going to sign a player over 25, then I want him to be useful in other ways too (such as tutoring) and seek to find players who would make good tutors as well as improve or deepen my squad.

Archived