I'm Barcelona so why isn't my Spanish player being counted as one of my minimum in Champions League registration?

Can't put my finger on it, the player is Insua who i signed from liverpool, he's Spanish & when i select him he's not listed as one of my minimum players (i know he won't be a player trained by me) he's got a second nationality of argentinian but his first is spanish, annoying me as i've got to get rid of a player i need to put a player who qualifies as one of the minimum players.

Can't put my finger on it, the player is Insua who i signed from liverpool, he's Spanish & when i select him he's not listed as one of my minimum players (i know he won't be a player trained by me) he's got a second nationality of argentinian but his first is spanish, annoying me as i've got to get rid of a player i need to put a player who qualifies as one of the minimum players.

So even though he's spanish, players will still need to have played three season's in that country to actually qualify as being from that country? I did think that but if he is Argentinian like Stomalomalus said then it doesn't say Insua has declared for Spain, that threw me a bit.

The rule isnt 8 players from that clubs nation as its against labour laws, but for players who have trained in those countries. Therefore, Arsenal qualify as they have many players who, while not English, have played 3 years or more at Arsenal before they were 21. So Messi counts for Barca, and Milito might, as didnt he play for 4/5 years at Zaragoza?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

The rule isnt 8 players from that clubs nation as its against labour laws, but for players who have trained in those countries. Therefore, Arsenal qualify as they have many players who, while not English, have played 3 years or more at Arsenal before they were 21. So Messi counts for Barca, and Milito might, as didnt he play for 4/5 years at Zaragoza? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol typical, just read all about that earlier on skysports but just didn't click, guess i'll just have to wait for all my youngsters to come through before i can have a team that i want.

Thanks for your guys help.

Archived