What factors into if a player is willing to discuss a contract/transfer/loan?

I am playing as Blackburn and finished my first season in 7th place and due to an easy run I won the league cup. The second season comes and I get my budget due to selling a few players I have £31 million to spend and am 300k under my wage budget I sign a few decent players and have offers for some accepted but they are unwilling to discuss a contract. These players were Welliton from Spartak Moscow, Necid and Defoe as well as a few other midfield players and Peter Crouch.

I get offered Kaka who for some reason is willing to discuss a deal but wants 250k a week, Adebeyor is also will to discuss a contract but wants 190k a week. So I put in a loan offer for Kaka and after messing around with the wage budget I can now offer to pay half his 195k a week wages and he joins on loan at Blackburn.

So what makes a player decide they are willing to join a much lower club. How can I get Kaka on loan but Welliton, Peter Crouch and Defoe will not discuss contracts?

Is it a mixture of if they are unneeded at their current club, player personality and if we are in Europe or not coupled with reputation of the club and manager?

I would like to know how Spurs did. If they did well and are in Europe then I can't see Defoe and Crouch wanting to leave. If a player is transfer listed but with the thing of 'doesn't want to leave club' more likely to reject a move than someone who wants to leave. I've never personally taken notice before.

Spurs were in the Europa League like my side and Peter Crouch was in the reserves at the time. Thiago from Barcelona was also not willing to discuss a free transfer move until he was released from his contract. Neuer is unhappy and his contract is up yet he will not discuss a contract. Kaka has fired us to top of the league in January although we won't stay there he will not discuss a full transfer yet would at the start of the season. I guess if I get into the Champions League I might be able to get him.

I just wondered what order of importance things are in for a player to be willing to move.

I've always assumed that its a 'fairly' straight forward calculation between the rep of the club and the rep of the player although some anomalous results may mean it is significantly more complex. In the case of Neuer & Thiago I would assume they are of sufficiently high rep that they are waiting for a bigger club to come in for them and won't even consider a lower step at this case - this is probably linked to their hidden stats, most influential would presumably be ambition.

In RL you might consider assuring the player of your ambitions which would encourage a 'big' player to join a smaller side but this would depend upon the weight you could put behind your argument which makes me wonder, does FM factor in the reputation of the manager? If your manager rep is high can you attract higher rep players?

Having spent quite a time in the LLM forum I'm guessing that the manager rep is very much associated with enticing better players.

In RL you might consider assuring the player of your ambitions which would encourage a 'big' player to join a smaller side but this would depend upon the weight you could put behind your argument which makes me wonder, does FM factor in the reputation of the manager? If your manager rep is high can you attract higher rep players?

Having spent quite a time in the LLM forum I'm guessing that the manager rep is very much associated with enticing better players.

In my career game I had worked my way up to the very top, then moved back to the very bottom again as a World Class manager in the BSN. There was a noticeable difference in the quality of players I could attract to the club, in particular ones from the country I had moved from (Italy).

I got Thiago on a free once his contract had expired. What confuses me is why would Kaka come to Blackburn on loan in the second season and why the hell didn't any other teams go for him?

My manager reputation is the highest it can be so I know I can attract better players but when get assman to filter out unrealistic targets none of them are even close to Kaka's reputation. I should point out I am not complaining although it does look that way, Kaka is ripping the EPL apart at AMC just got to hope I can praise him enough for him to stay next season.

Archived