Just square it!!!!!

Is it just me or does the players never square it, no matter what settings you have on they just dont do it.

Instead of getting an easy tap in they blast in over the bar.

This infuriates me!!!

If anyone has any tips please let me know

My current Ajax team have this issue as well, the amount of times we can cross it but just faff about and back pass it instead. Have tried crossing often, lowering long shots and through balls, slowing game down to allow for forwards as targets, they just wont cross the damn ball. That said we seem to score a fair bit regardless so cant complain to much.

I used to have this problem, but recently i've had better luck with a new guy i've brought in. Oddly enough some players seem more inclined to pass across the face of goal than others, even though they have similar stats to others who hog the thing.

These are the new guy's instructions:

High Creative Freedom

Roaming = Yes

Passing = Slightly Short

Run with Ball = Sometimes

Forward Runs = Often

Through Ball = Sometimes

Crossing = Sometimes

Hold Up Ball = No

Actually now I think about it my wingers are both quite creative and I play an expressive style so maybe thats a reason, my wingers tend to look for inside passes or runs into the box instead.

By contrast my play is very slow, short and wide. We tend to build and recycle attacks.

Is it just me or does the players never square it, no matter what settings you have on they just dont do it.

Instead of getting an easy tap in they blast in over the bar.

This infuriates me!!!

If anyone has any tips please let me know

LOL! I have the complete opposite frustration sometimes... I can be screaming at my striker to shoot and he chooses to square it instead...

I'm not sure why but my players regularly choose to square the ball to a team-mate in a better position, I certainly don't have the issue you have on a regular basis, occasionally I may screw up the team-talk and thus get treated to a half of seeing the ball blasted needlessly over the bar but generally my players square it (or score)

Archived