Youth Contract

I think this isn't working as well as it used to... I rarely see my assistant/coach offer contracts to prospects but, even though I have him set to do so, I still check and make sure that the players I want to keep have a contract ;)

I always have done though, and even cancelled contract offers where I disagreed with the ass-man/coach.. end of the day I'm still the manager, not my assistant/coach, and I get the final say who is retained and who isn't. Whilst the feature is useful (or used to be) to determine who in your youth squad are the better prospects, the assistant/coach may still not offer a contract to them all and it really is no substitute for the manager... it's still your job, basically, to decide who to keep.

He'll only offer contracts to the ones rated good enough to eventually make a dent in your first team squad.

not true (or not in FM11 at least) as I have a regen striker that is 3 star rated (my current strikers are 3.5 and 3) and I had to offer him a contract as my ass-man/coach hadn't...

Archived