Attracting Sponsorship?

It seems like your on pitch success never really attracts new sponsors. I've won the premier league every season for liek the past 6 and won around 4 champions league titles with Droylsden, which is the team I took up from Blue Square North, and I'm still only sitting on 1.5M/year from my sponsors. I've only seen it increase by like a few hundred thousand or so each time, which frankly is pretty ridiculous. If some random team started winning the champions league repeatedly, they would definitely attract sponsors, especially seeing as the spine of the world cup winning argentina team plays for me.

Is there anything I can do to actively attract sponsors?

I agree it is kind of ridiculous. I have seen Manchester United fall to league 1 and still get at least 20 million pounds of sponsorship. It is stupid. If that team were to fall so far then they would never be able get so much sponsorship. It works both ways I guess.

In fm10 I took Betis to the top of the spanish game. Won la liga 7-8 times in a row, champions league etc. I got a max. of about 2 million a year in sponsorship and still didn't even get the TV deals that barcelona and real madrid get, even though real stopped qualifying for the champions league!

I'm not really sure what numbers would be realistic. I just looked at arsenal, manu, mancity, chelsea, liverpool in FMRTE and their sponsorship deals are ridiculously high. 50 M kit deals and like 100M+ stadium sponsorships. What do you think a realistic amount would be to give to my team? I don't want to make it too easy or anything, just enough so that I can build infrastructure

I'm not sure. I would be interested to know though whether the figures remained the same when renewed? Or if they fell back down to the previous level.

In my current game Rangers haven't even renewed one of the sponsorship deals :/

• 10 months later...

I've played with sponsorships a bit in the editor trying to make a multi-tiered USA system that had some more financial viability in FM11.

One thing I noticed is that you never gained a new sponsorship. If you didnt have a kit sponsorship at the beginning of the game you never got one regardless of how good you got.

Also noticed that if you started with a $10mil sponsorship it was a lot easier to get it up to to the $30-$40mil after winning (the highly prestigious) USA Premier a few times.

I wanted the lower tiered teams to have a chance at sponsorships so I added sponsors to every team, but seeded it at $1. None of those sponsorships took off. Successful teams managed to get their sponsors up to like $44/yr.

Archived