Not that anyone cares, but there are some major issues with patch

This is more a cathartic exercise rather than any attempt to incite change because, since there won't be another patch, I know nothing productive can come from posting this. Anyway, I'm finding the patch quite unplayable for these reasons.

1. One of my players is injured approximately 2 out of every 3 matches. I have to constantly reload games and holiday them until a result where none of my players are injured. Otherwise, I can't field enough players for the next match. Of course, what ends up happening is that I need to holiday practically every match, which is no fun because I enjoy watching them! The AI also suffers an unrealistically vast amount of injuries but not to the extent I do.

2. Ridiculous amount of yellow cards per match. Both for me and for the AI. Also slightly too many red cards. I believe I currently have 4 players suspended, which is why it's so damaging when my players are injured as well.

3. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to defend set pieces. My defense is good in open play, but the AI scores maybe half of their goals against me via set pieces. It's always the same thing too: Corner/free kick to the far post, right through the animation of the goalkeeper, and some centerback, who's practically standing in the goal, heads it in. Generally this is the only time where my defenders lose headers.

The patch is fantastic apart from these 3 issues, but I don't understand how they passed through unnoticed! Can anyone give me advice on how to ameliorate any of the problems I brought up? Especially any suggestions on helping my players survive matches!

Thank you

i havent had any of these problems touch wood...i normally set players with high agression on medium tackling and players with low agression on high tackling and that works fine for me...also maybe use the touchline chat "stay on feet" to avoid as many yellow cards or reds of course.on opposition instructions you also dont always have to set to go in hard on all players as you will also concede to many free kicks and cards.

1. Do you have lots of injury prone players? Training schedules too intense? Not intense enough? Too many hard tackles by your players?

2. Strange one this, as I average less than one yellow per game, with very few reds.

3. What set ups are you using on defending these set pieces?

As I've said before in several threads, and I'm sure I'll say again; Rather than just blame things on a poor patch, give us some details on what's going wrong and what you are doing tactically, then we can give you advice. I don't seem to have any of these problems, and many others on this forum will say the same. Especially the thing about conceding corners, I've played nearly a whole season since I last conceded one.

Doesnt happen to me. I'm not just saying that either.

I don't think I've had a red card for 2 seasons. I can't actually remember when. Yellows are quite rare too. Personally I concider it normal to what I expect irl. Are you hard tackling?

Injurys seem pretty reasonable. I have complained about too many injurys in a previous FMs (maybe 09) but this certainly isnt one of them.

Dont think I'm conceding many corners either, although I did with 11.2.

1. Do you have lots of injury prone players? Training schedules too intense? Not intense enough? Too many hard tackles by your players?

2. Strange one this, as I average less than one yellow per game, with very few reds.

3. What set ups are you using on defending these set pieces?

As I've said before in several threads, and I'm sure I'll say again; Rather than just blame things on a poor patch, give us some details on what's going wrong and what you are doing tactically, then we can give you advice. I don't seem to have any of these problems, and many others on this forum will say the same. Especially the thing about conceding corners, I've played nearly a whole season since I last conceded one.

Fair enough:

1. As I said, the players are injured in matches, so it has nothing to do with the training schedules.

2. Normally, I would blame this on having tackling set too high, but, since this happens for the AI as well as me, I can attribute this to a game mechanic flaw I think.

3. Nothing special, same as in 11.2 patch when defending set pieces wasn't a problem. Tall players marking tall players, men on the posts etc. My centerbacks both have high jumping skills so they hardly lose headers. The only time it seems like they do is during set pieces! The problem is the deliver, I think. The AI always score with that far-post cross which loops over the goalkeeper's head. In real life, the goalkeeper would move and catch it in the air, but this isn't happening in FM. Blah blah the match engine is an approximation, I know, but it seems ridiculous that a cross which nearly hits the far post in the air shouldn't be claimed by the goalkeeper.

Fair enough:

1. As I said, the players are injured in matches, so it has nothing to do with the training schedules.

yes it does, if training is too hard leading up to a game, then the players will be more susceptible to injury due to tirdness etc and vice versa, if training is too low, then players wont be fit/fresh enough for the game.

What condition are your players when you start matches? Perhaps they have low attributes for natural fitness?

The corners thing is a bit strange, I guess I have been lucky. Is it something simple like your goalie being poor at dealing with crosses (a.k.a. David James, the early years)?

What condition are your players when you start matches? Perhaps they have low attributes for natural fitness?

The corners thing is a bit strange, I guess I have been lucky. Is it something simple like your goalie being poor at dealing with crosses (a.k.a. David James, the early years)?

95-100% all the time. They are injured at various points throughout the matches, it's not always at the end when they're tired. Last match, my player was injured in the 6th minute. Goalie is 6'3 and has an above-average aerial ability for my level, so I wouldn't say it's due to the keeper.

Archived