Regens/Newgens/Freds - Whatever they are now

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Austria - 23rd June.

Belarus - 10th February.

Belgium - 29th June.

Bulgaria - 29th June.

Croatia - 18th June.

Czech Republic - 28th June.

Denmark - 5th July.

England - 20th June.

Finland - 7th January.

Greece - 19th June.

Hungary - 19th June.

Iceland - 5th January.

Ireland - 5th January.

Israel -

N.Ireland - 29th April.

Norway - 18th January.

Poland - 28th June.

Romania -

Russia - 26th December.

Serbia - 9th July.

Slovakia - 28th June.

Slovenia - 28th June.

Sweden - 25th December.

Switzerland - 18th June.

Turkey - 19th June.

Ukraine - 18th June.

Wales - 18th June. </pre>

That's the reset dates from Gundo's challenge, and I think that's when newgens are generated as well. There is no other way of checking other than an approximate estimation based on age.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

what about scotland when is that generated </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Everyone forgets Scotland. Maybe it's because we are superior beings...

N. Ireland newgens are created on the 19th June, the April 29th date is the date to save the game so you can reload to ensure the playoffs are won by a team not already in the second division.

Scotland is the 19th June as well.

The regen was the way a created player was made pre...2007 I think. All it was was that when a player in real life retired, they came back in the game with the same stats but a different name. Hence regen (regeneration).

The newgen was introduced in 2007, and if not that then certainly 2008, which is when a whole new player is started from scratch. So if Thierry Henry retires, rather than someone else being made with his stats just younger, now a completely new person with their own stats is made. Hence newgen.

Personally I don't mind which system is used. But I can tell you that the further you play in both FM2006 and 2007, for example, there are more star players that are created people in 2006 than in 2007.

Archived