Surely this is a bug

Just started a game as Man City and I was able to sign Iniesta for 25.5 mil and Dani Alves for 17.5. Barca accepted my first offer without negotiating, so I probably could have bought them both for even cheaper than that. I'm on the 11.3 patch, started the game on the Portugual date and have Spanish leagues loaded. This is just seemed very strange to me.

Just started a game as Man City and I was able to sign Iniesta for 25.5 mil and Dani Alves for 17.5. Barca accepted my first offer without negotiating, so I probably could have bought them both for even cheaper than that. I'm on the 11.3 patch, started the game on the Portugual date and have Spanish leagues loaded. This is just seemed very strange to me.

And your complaining?? Just can't please some people. If you don't like it, don't do it then.

P.S.- and no..... it's not a bug!

Who says I'm complaining?

Because your thread title is... "Surely this a a bug" , which in turn means you have a complaint and/or problem with this. If it was not a complaint, you would have said something like, "Wow!! how lucky am I!"

OK, odd yes! Bug, absolutely not! Remember, the game is a fantasy world. Just because something happens within the game which may not happen in the real world, does not mean it is a bug! I say that, mainly because, I'm sick of people coming here and screaming BUG!!!!.

Consider yourself lucky and move on. This thread was totally unnecessary to begin with. It's a game based on fantasy, that's it! Now, if you found Barca offered you Alves for a free, then, I'd consider it worthy of a thread. I agree, the price you got, was a little on the low side of "reality". But come on!! Let it go, son! It's a game!

Seems a bit silly to me and it would never happen in reality. I wouldn't say it was a bug, just something that maybe needs a little tweaking.

Off topic - GB68, you're not a mod here and -MD- is quite entitled to start a thread about this and ask a simple question without somebody jumping down his/her throat. If you're so sick of people complaining about potential bugs, then just don't post on the threads discussing them. If anything your posts are the only thing that seem a bit unnecessary.

Seems a bit silly to me and it would never happen in reality. I wouldn't say it was a bug, just something that maybe needs a little tweaking.

Off topic - GB68, you're not a mod here and -MD- is quite entitled to start a thread about this and ask a simple question without somebody jumping down his/her throat. If you're so sick of people complaining about potential bugs, then just don't post on the threads discussing them. If anything your posts are the only thing that seem a bit unnecessary.

Mr King, neither did I jump down anyone's throat or offer "mod" advice. If you read my posts, I stated my thoughts that it was not a bug, as suggested by the OP. End of topic! He asked, I replied. I did state, that I felt the word "bug" was overused here on this forum.

Thanks for your comment, but as you stated, one sentence of my posts was perhaps unnecessary. Hardly over the top. Thanks again.

Yeah I think it has something to do with when the budgets come in. See I started the game on the Portugal date, which is June 12, where as the Spanish budgets and regens don't come in until June 30 (I think?). I only did a scout report because I was going to eventually buy them (or try to) and I thought my scout taking the p-ss when he said Iniesta would only cost 18.5 million. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried this with Chelsea. Managed to get Pique (£18.5M), Iniesta (£24M), Alves (£17.25M) and MESSI (£55M). All deals over 48 months. Absolutely crippled the wage budget, had to delay a couple of the transfers and wait to sell players but got them all in the end. It may be an exploit, perhaps even 'cheating,' but its too good an opportunity.

Imagine if the game was TOTALLY true to life. You offer £100m for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc and it is turned down, what happens? People complain thats what happens. They scream...well they are only worth £25m and I have offered 4 times their value and it is turned down. So a happy medium from SI I think.

Totally agree with GB68, why people feel the need to scream BUG! everytime something happens that they are not happy with, is beyond me.....especially if it's helped you out.

Imagine if the game was TOTALLY true to life. You offer £100m for Messi, Xavi, Iniesta etc and it is turned down, what happens? People complain thats what happens. They scream...well they are only worth £25m and I have offered 4 times their value and it is turned down. So a happy medium from SI I think.

Totally agree with GB68, why people feel the need to scream BUG! everytime something happens that they are not happy with, is beyond me.....especially if it's helped you out.

Bug is just a word for people stating that something needs to be looked into there is no need to get all shirty over. Your right FM is a fantasy world but why it makes soo many sales is because its based on the real world game which is the most loved sport in the world. So yes if some of the best players in the world are going for pennies compared to some average players in the game then YES something does need to be looked in too. The guy had a point in raising this issue so why get on his back? And as the last guy said hes soo sick of people calling everything a bug then its better off he stayed away from the forum because had people not raised issues then the game would have alot more problems which would go unfixed. Even SI themselves say that they would never be able to spot all the bugs on release as they only have so many testers compared to the millions of people that will be playing the game over the year. So when someone raises a fair point think of it as a favour as this could end up making the game you play/work on better for it, there really is no point in getting over exited.

Archived