i7 740QM 1.73GHz

How many Players / Leagues can I load up with this processor?

How the hell are people gonna be able to tell you when you havn't given any other details about your computer.

Go away, learn how your computer works, then come back and we might be able to give you a sensible answer.

Bit harsh, the processor doesn't have all that much processing power, but it does have a decent amount and its an i7 which is an extra bonus. Since I'm assuming that chipset is a laptop one then the DDR3 RAM it hopefully has won't tell you its clock speeds. For that you will need a program like CPU-Z, but I'd say it should comfortably be able to handle 40,000 or so players providing it has more than 2GB of DDR3 RAM. That's not pushing it and it will give you a good speed which won't be slow and is able to sustain a long game.

Laptops can suffer more from depreciating performance as it gets hotter which has been another factor, it may well be capable of more but with the factors considered I'd say thats a solid conservative guess.

As I said 40,000 players would be nice and really quick to process from what I can see listed there. I'm not sure on the QPI speed of the mobile i7's but still must be pretty decent. If you wanted to push it you could go as far as 70 - 80,000 players but would probably notice sometimes the processing got a bit slower when it had to handle a large amount. Get a good balance of European, South American, North/Centrla American and Asian counties and you would easily have a good, varied longterm game available to you.

I have an i3 processor with 4gb ram / 320gb memory and an intergrated graphics card. So generally a lot worse across the board. It is also a laptop rather than a desktop. and i play with 56000 - 70000 players using a large database and my laptop plays it fine with 3D match view. I play with around 24 leagues or something. So with your specs you can play with a HUGE database. I wouldnt worry too much about the league count. Just don't be ridiculous and only download leagues you are realistically going to play in or scout in.

Archived