Angry player kicking ass?

I took over a team that had a player who wasn't good enough. Under the previous manager he was a First team regular (and performed badly). I stopped playing him, put him up for transfer (no one wants him at half his value even). He is upset obviously and has even skipped a couple practice sessions. He has been fined for that and fined because he got 2 stupid red cards in 2 games.

NOW, it seems that he is kicking ass in practice (when he shows up). In the last 2 weeks, 4 of my players have received multiple-week injuries (2 of them are First Team regulars) from this player.

Is this just a coincidence or should I just cut my losses and release the player? He is valued at 4.4 million but I have offered him to clubs as low as 2.5 and no one takes the offer. :\

I'd try demoting him to subs squad or ultimately just releasing him. It will defenitely cost you less than keeping him

or try to keep selling him for lower values, maybe propose loaning him out, i've found sometimes teams are more willing to loan a player rather than buying him

plus if you release him chances are your squad morale will improve, as he seems to be quite the nuissance :)

I should mention that this is at a club fighting relegation, with no good income and already negative 30 million in the bank...so if I release him he's going to cost me, if I sell him I can at least get some money...but the question is if I keep him around long enough to sell...is he just going to keep injuring my other players?

in that case i'd definetely demote him, this way he can't injure your first team regulars in training and you can still keep him to sell in the near future.. although it will probably devaluate him somewhat

good luck with him anyways!

There really needs to be an option to punish players who injured others in training.

Why say x was injured by y when you can't react to it (other than if x got an injury with multiple treatment options).

Archived