New youth development challenge, what club is suitable?

I want to start a new game in the UK/Ireland region and want to concentrate fully at the youth development. I want to play by the following

rules:

- not allowed to buy players above 16 years

- Only sign previous old clubplayers on a free transfer

In order to have a nice and smooth running game, I need a club with talented young-sters.

What club do you advise?

(Thanks in advance)

Middlesbrough. They currently have a good basis, plus there are a fair few former players who are of average Premier League quality who you can sniff out. According to the Middlesbrough researcher, the yougnsters there now can become pretty good.

Above average youth recruitment, and a very good academy at the moment.

You should have gone for southampton, good youth players and facilities and half the players in the leagues are old boys!

this :thup:

Southampton have developed some fantastic young players recently...including Bale, Walcott and more recently, Alex Chamberlain!

Good fun to play with too on FM11! first seasons not difficult and you get a great base including big stadium and good training/youth facilities!

I want to start a new game in the UK/Ireland region and want to concentrate fully at the youth development. I want to play by the following

rules:

- not allowed to buy players above 16 years

- Only sign previous old clubplayers on a free transfer

In order to have a nice and smooth running game, I need a club with talented young-sters.

What club do you advise?

(Thanks in advance)

Personally what I would do is start at as low a level as possible, download one of the league structures that takes the English leagues down to level 8, 10 or 11 and start down there.

The reason I suggest this is because at that level you will easily be able to field a team of players aged 18 and under, and it is so satisfying having a player join your club at 16 and stick with you for years, moving up through the leagues with you, because you know that you have taken them from absolutely nothing to professional football.

Archived